Leaders

Aliana's POV

Krii had finally given me back some control over my body and the first thing I did was go to Kassandra. She hugged me and I felt Krii settle down some, until someone spoke.

"Well wasn't that just a wonderful show, so entertaining." A deep voice said and I growled and pulled away from Kassandra.

I turned to face the person speaking and came face to face with the man I had just killed.

"But now how am I going to tell my mate that you killed our beloved son?"

The man asked as he stepped away from the crowd, he looked down at spot that his son was once at and frowned at all the blood on the floor.

"She is known to have a temper and will not take this news well." He continued as my eyes tracked his every movement. He moves closer and I growl at him, he stops and holds his hands up in surreder as if saying he meant no harm.

I turned to face him fully and could feel Krii trying to take over again and it was a battle to keep her down.

"How are going to solve this serious problem we seem to find ourselves in?" The man asked while I growled low in my throat.

"Your son deserved his punishment." I snarled at him and his eyes lit up.

"I agree with you there. Micheal has always been ambitious, but to even consider breaking a mating bond was absurd. That of the child of prophecy sealed his fate." He said.

It was wierd, I know that I'm no expert on emotions but shouldn't a parent care more that their child just died.

"Between you and me, he was an annoyance and I'm glad he's gone." He whispered so the others in the room wouldn't hear.

"But my mate is another matter. He was her little prince so this is quite the pickle." He said and rubbed his face.

I wasn't interested in their family problems so I took Kassandras' hand and started pulling her out of the room.

"So I guess that means you won't be helping me with my mate." He sighed but I didn't stop or turn to acknowledge him.

"Don't blame me if I tell her the name of the one who took her son's life." He said with a smile in his voice.

At this I paused and turned to face him.

"Don't blame me if I kill her." I said and the smile on his face dropped and he now looked angry.

"You dare threaten my mates life after you so mercilessly just took our son's?" He asked.

"Yes." I said and turned and walked out the room.

When we got outside the castle, Lana, Dalton and Kera had caught up with us as we all silently got into the car and it pulled away.

"Well that went well." Kera said trying to break the awkward silence.

Everyone looked at her and she shrugged her shoulders.

We were halfway back to our destination when the car came to and abrupt stop and we all lurched forward.

One of the guards got out and as soon as he opened his door everyone in the car shivered. The air around us started to get so cold that you could see your breath.

Instinctively I moved Kassandra closer when a feeling of death came over me. Apparently I wasn't the only one who felt it because everyone looked as if they were about to pass out.

A muffled sound made me look out of window and I noticed that the guard who had went outside was now gone. I was about to tell the driver to go but he was also missing.

The feeling of death was getting stronger now and I could feel Krii getting restless again.

A dimensional portal was suddenly ripped open in front of the car and we all shifted back. I placed Kassandra in the back seat and took guard in front of her.

When the portal was as big as it seemed it would go, out stepped a woman. A long black dress was the first thing that was seen followed by pale hands that gripped the sides of the portal. Long black hair that reached the ground and pale face and rainbow eyes.

It was Kera who confirmed my suspicions.

"Mother." She whispered but the woman heard her and smiled.

"Hello daughters I have missed you."

Sorry it's so short.