Inner Battle

Aliana's POV

I rolled to the side and brought my blades up along her side trying to cut through her thick scales.

I learned my lesson from the last time we fought, If I didn't fight as if I was trying to kill her she would kill me.

She moved to the side as my blades sliced through the air and we both spun around to face each other again.

Lowering the front of her body to the ground she growled at me and I growled right back as we charged each other.

A claw caught my side but I pushed the pain to the side as I slashed at her side once again. Sparks flew from where my blade hit her scales.

"Still weak." She snarled and her tail whipped at my head, shocking me with the black lightning that covered her body. I was flung backwards and slammed into a wall.

"I told you the last time we fought that you we're weak, even now you're still a weakling, you never should have come here." She gowled out.

She stalked towards me but a white light streaked in front of her halting her advances.

"Calm yourself my mate." Kassandra's beast said.

She paused and tilted her head to the side then sat back on her haunches all the while glaring at me as I pick myself up off the ground and return my swords.

"You two must come to an agreement, this is not the time for petty fights or shows of dominance. We need the both of you at full strength and working together." She said looking between the two of us sounding like a mother scolding her children.

"She is not ready to be an equal with me, she continues to let her fear of the unknown rule her!" My beast snarled at Kassandras'.

Kassandra's beast stared at my beast hard until she huffed and lowered herself to the ground.

I had never seen my beast so tame before.

"Will you stop calling us beasts!" She roared and I blinked.

"What would like for me to refer to you as?" I asked them.

"We are not beasts as you call us, we are you and you are us. We are not two seperate beings but one with two different forms." Kassandras' said.

"But you may call me Laas." Kassandras' said.

"You can call me Krii." Mine said and I nodded my head.

They both turned to face me and I moved away from the wall into the center of the room.

"What do you fear?" Laas asked in a calm voice.

"Nothing." I answered automatically.

"Lies!" Krii snarled as they circled me.

"Loss of control." I admitted quietly.

"You afarid that if you were to ever give yourself over to her again the destruction she would bring." Laas made it a statement but I nodded anyway.

"So basically what you are saying is that you have no faith in me or yourself." Krii said furiously and Laas batted her with her tail to calm her down.

I had never really thought of it that way, I always thought it was me against her.

"And that is why you are so weak." Krii said reading my thoughts and walked away into the darkness.

I watched her until she disappeared.

"Go after her." Laas tells me and I shake my head.

"She is right, my fear holds me back." I tell her and she looks at me with sad eyes.

"Did you not listen to what I said earlier, you two are the same, If you hurt so does she, if you fear so does she. Go to her and listen to what she has to say." She says and nudges me forward with her snout.

I look back at her and she nods her giant head. I turn back around and take a deep breath and go after Krii.

The room we are in seems to expand the further I walk and it's as if I'm entering a real dragons lair. I find Krii curled up in a ball in a corner looking as if she sleeping.

I take a few steps closer and she snarls but keeps her head down and her eyes closed.

"Leave, you are not ready to be here." She says dismissing me.

I move closer and sit on the floor in front of her. She doesn't snarl again but she also doesn't acknowledge me.

"I afarid of losing control to you and you hurting Kassandra." I tell her and her eyes snap open and she growls at me.

"Do you think I would injure my own mate?!?!" She growls out looking as if she wants to snap me in half.

"I'm sorry." I say and duck my head.

"Because of one incident where I went on a rampage and destoyed a race of people who needed to be destroyed, you have cut me off and locked me up inside your mind, your fear of 'yourself' has left us weak!" She shouts at me and I just sit there and take it because everything she is saying is true.

"I'm sorry, I just want to keep our mate safe, even if it's from us." I say and she snarls again.

"That is the one thing it seems as if we agree on." Krii says in a slightly less angry voice.

"What do I have to do?" I ask her and she levels her head with mine and her obsidian eyes stare hard into mine.

I hold her gaze and wait for her to speak.

"Accept me, accect us and the danger and violence that comes with our true nature. Believe that we have the strength to keep our mate safe from all harm. Accept that we are one." She says still looking directly in my eyes.

I keep eye contact and nod my head and soon I feel a burning in my chest. I look down and see small black flames covering my chest. They don't burn, it actually feels cool and they soon disappear into my chest and I look back up at her.

She just turns her head away from me but it's strange, I can feel ever movement she makes, The way her muscles move when she breathes, her twitching ears, I can feel everything.

"We are now one." She says but in the next second her head snaps to the side and she growls as Laas runs towards us.

"You must return now, more like the one you fought earlier are coming!" She rushes out as Krii moves up beside her and growls.

I scramble to my feet and nod at the both of them then close my eyes. Whem I open then again I'm back with Fen and the others.

"Are you alright Ali?" Fen asks but he still sounds angry.

I nod my head and look over at Kassandra who is smiling at me and give her a small one in return.

I summon my blades but they are a little different, I can feel even more power flowing through them and black lightning is flashing on them.

"Are you ready?" Krii asks and I nod.

"Incoming." I tell everyone in the room as the ship shakes.