One: Liar

"I'm sorry", Oikawa's voice was filled with grief as he coughed up these words.

Drop.

The first tear smashed on the ground right between your shaking legs.

"Volleyball is the most important to me".

You knew that.

"So I can't requit your feelings".

You knew that, but still, you held a faint hope that he would at least consider your confession.

"Forgive me".

Evening after the practice. The two of you standing behind the gymnasium,

That was the moment when your heart broke into pieces.

Your first love.

And first confession.

Ended on failure.

"[Name], I heard from Shittykawa...", your childhood friend and neighbour said worryingly.

Holding your phone, you tried to keep from crying. You were glad that he didn't see your face right now.

"Hajime-", you whined and paused, feeling your throat clench and the words stuck in it.

"Are you okay?", you heard from the other side of the call and the tears formed in your eyes.

"What should I do?", you coughed up quietly and burst into tears. You knew that the boy wouldn't evaluate you on your behaviour but you didn't want to involve him into your problems, all the more that Oikawa was also his best friend. But right now you really needed some good talk. "I like him too much to give up on him", you cried to the speaker.

"Are you going to come to the practice tomorrow?", Iwaizumi asked.

"I can't avoid him forever. And I'm a manager", you sobbed.

"Maybe you should take a break?", he made a suggestion but you didn't listen to him.

"I don't want Oikawa-san to blame himself for anything, so I'll be acting as always".

"I'm sure he would understand if you stopped talking to him for some time", the boy insisted.

"It's not a way out. Thanks for worrying, but I will manage it somehow", you assured. "Good night, Hajime".

With these words, you rang off.

With a deep breath, you opened the gymnasium's door. You clearly lacked sleep and your swollen eyes could tell it. They could also tell that you spent your whole night crying into the pillow, searching through your phone for your photos with Oikawa. Since you were Iwaizumi's friend, you often were going out with them so you had a big file of images composing only of your trio.

You were hauling yourself on the way to the morning practice in order to delay the moment you would see Oikawa, so as you walked in everybody was already there.

You looked around, searching for the chocolate haired boy and when you found him, you noticed that he was gaping at you inquiringly, probably trying to figure out how were you bearing up after he rejcted you. Wanting to convince him that everything was fine, you smiled. But the smile was so awry that everybody could tell you were broken inside. Aware of it, you walked towards the bench with lowered head and grabbed your notebook to have some pretext to look away from your friends.

You felt the warmth growing on your cheeks and your legs started shaking, but you somehow managed to keep from crying. The only thing you couldn't control was your heart beating madly.

You didn't want anyone to see that something between you and Oikawa was wrong. But things were awkward not only between the two of you, but also between you and Iwaizumi, who willy-nilly was dragged into your problems.

"So you came after all?", you heard a voice coming from before you, which woke you up from the reverie.

"I told you I would come", you answered and looked at Iwaizumi.

"I don't think it was a good idea", he repeated the same he told you yesterday by the phone.

"Why?", Hanamaki appeared from behind your friend and the two of you shivered.

"You and Oikawa are acting weird, what happened?", Matsukawa walked up to him.

You felt a cold sweat forming on your forehead, but before you could say anything, Iwaizumi replied:

"Nothing happened, everything is fine".

You looked thankfully at the boy who saved you from making excuses.

"Hm? Iwaizumi also knows? Then it must be something bigger. Are you and Oikawa together or something?", Matsukawa ignored the spiky haired boy.

You jolted and hid your face in the notebook, feeling your eyes watering.

It's not like that. It's completely not like that.

"Stop nagging her", Iwaizumi roared and pushed them away.

During the practice you could see that you weren't the only one in bad condition.

Oikawa was visibly out of game, missing serves and making slower set-ups. You felt a great wave of guiltiness watching him. You shouldn't have confessed to him. But with how you felt about him you would do anything to make him look at you the way you looked at him. You were so scared. Scared that you wouldn't be able to talk to him as always, hear his teasing voice, and be as close to him as you were until yesterday.

As the day lasted, you started feeling worse and worse. Your stomach hurt and the lack of sleep was showing its effects. Relieved that the lessons finished, you went to the gymnasium where the evening practice would start, but as nobody was there yet, you stepped towards the backyard of the hall. You needed some quiet place to rest before the evening practice would start. Not only your stomach hurt from all the nerves you've been going through this day but the vision of seeing Oikawa once again was making everything worse. Suddenly you heard some voices. You moved towards them, willing to check what was going on but when you turned at the corner, you stiffened and your eyes widened as you recognised one of the two people standing by the wall.

Why was Oikawa kissing some girl?