Twenty Nine: Wrong

It is hard to imagine how much of a heartbreak you struggled through for the next couple of days. Although you were still coming to school, you started skipping the practices. When asked by your teammates about the reason for your absence, you would reply that loads of homework were keeping you away from extra activities and that you would come back soon. The only person to know what was the real issue for you avoiding the club was Iwaizumi. He got to know about what happened from Oikawa on the morning practice the day after the event. You were kind of thankful for this, since explaining everything to anyone was the last thing you wanted, and, even if keeping all of these painful feelings to yourself was a bad idea, you had no intention of sharing them with anyone - even your best friend. It was enough for you to cry at every memory of being close to Oikawa. You didn't want to mention it more than it was needed.

Even though you were still talking to Iwaizumi, the atmosphere between the two of you was tense. None of you wanted to accidentally enter the subject of Oikawa, so even the small talk you used to be having from time to time was now somehow artificial. It was obvious for both of you, but neither Iwiazumi nor you said it out loud. You were aware that only time could heal your scars.

With Oikawa, on the other hand, you didn't even speak since that day. It wasn't like you hated him - quite the opposite. You still liked him and that was the reason you were avoiding him so eagerly. You were sure that any approach to talking would result in you crying and Oikawa feeling confused. You knew that it was you who came up with the idea of the agreement, and that if this situation was anyone's fault - you should be blamed.

You sighed deeply, putting on the clean shirt in the girl's changing room. Nearly a week had passed since Oikawa broke the agreement and you finally decided to come back to the club activities. The evening practice was now over and you somehow managed to endure it without breaking halfway. Oikawa was trying to act normal near you, but it was obvious that staying calm was also hard for him and even your teammates had to notice that something between the two of you was wrong. With Oikawa clearly lacking focus and you constantly avoiding his look it wasn't hard to guess that something had to happen.

This evening, you purposefully stayed longer to be sure that everyone had already gone and that you didn't have to answer the awkward questions about your today's attitude. You told Iwaizumi to go with Oikawa and let you be alone, which he accepted without inquiring. He probably understood your need to stay away from others.

Slowly, you left the room, but just when you were about to close the door, you heard your phone ringing.

The boy's changing room was almost empty. The only people who stayed longer than others were Oikawa and Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi purposefully stalled with changing his clothes in order for everyone to leave him and his friend alone. When it finally happened, he spoke up calmly.

"Oikawa, I'm done with staying quiet about this", he said without turning his look at the boy.

Oikawa, who was already back in the school uniform, sent his friend a quick peek before moving his head to the side.

"What do you mean?", he asked after a moment.

"Don't act as if you didn't know what I meant", Iwaizumi closed his locker and turned around to face the boy. "Why did you break the agreement with [Name]?"

Oikawa shivered, but his face remained unmoved.

"I already told you that she didn't satisfy me anymore", he mumbled under his breath.

"Stop with this bullshit!", his friend got irritated. "Just tell me - who is she to you?"

The boy widened his eyes for a while but he quickly put back his pouting expression.

"She was the girl I was using to satisfy my needs - nothing more!", he shouted. "I got bored of her so I broke the agreement, easy! She's just this! I never did and I never will feel anything towards her!"

When Oikawa finished his monologue, silence followed. Both of the boys were too surprised by each other's and their own words to say anything. They were just starting at each other with widely opened eyes, Iwaizumi frozen, Oikawa panting.

Finally, Oikawa gripped the string of his bag and opened the door with impetus as if he was trying to escape the pressure between him and his friend.

But what he saw before his eyes made him freeze, all the rage suddenly vanished, changing into speechlessness.

It was your fragile silhouette gazing at him with widely opened eyes.