Twenty Four: Alone

You were sitting under a giant tree, which was growing at the back of the playground. It was already getting dark, so the place was empty and quiet - perfect for you to calm down. Or so it seemed to be, because your heart would still clench in inexplicable pain, and you could see no end to it. What did you want? Why did you run away? What did you hope for?

You gritted your teeth and drew your legs closer to your body. You hid your face between your arms.

The silence cut you deeper than any noise could. It was only emphasising how lonely you were. It showed that Oikawa wasn't near.

Suddenly, you heard your phone ringing and you nearly jumped in shock. As you peeked on the screen, you heart speeded up. It was Oikawa calling.

"Hallo?", you mumbled under your breath into the speaker.

"[Name]-chan? Where are you? Weren't we supposed to go together?", the boy's worried voice clashed through your phone.

Your throat clenched, the unnamed feeling reappeared.

"I'm sorry, please go without me", you coughed up with great effort.

"What happened?", Oikawa asked fitfully, hearing your breaking voice.

You wanted to tell him that you had already went alone, that everything was okay. Or at least you knew you should say it for your own sake. But you had no more power to pretend that you were fine. You lowered your head, letting the fringe cover your eyes.

"Oikawa-san", you nearly whispered.

"[Name]-chan...", you heard on the other side of the call.

"Come here", you asked helplessly. "Please".

"Where are you?", the boy's voice was getting progressively more anxious.

"The playground near our school", you replied.

"I'll be there in a moment", he said and called off.

You were still gazing at your phone's black screen. When you realised that the call had already ended, you put your phone back to your bag and sighed deeply. You could feel the overwhelming pity for your own hopelessness spread through your body.

"What have I done?", you asked.

But there was no answer.

After a while you could hear the distant footsteps more and more clearly. Soon you saw Oikawa emerging from behind the bushes. His pace speeded up when he saw your absent eyes locked at his figure. You hid your face between your arms to hide the wave of embarrassment which overflew you because of your sudden escape. The boy squatted next to you.

"[Name]-chan, what happened?", you heard Oikawa's voice over your head.

"I don't know", you replied honestly, not minding to look up at the boy. "I just felt like... I really needed... Something, I don't know what, it's just...", you were desperately searching for the words which would describe your messy feelings.

You slowly looked up at the confused boy and as your eyes met, you felt like melting. You wanted to touch him, to be closer to him, to hear his voice. You quickly hid your face again, embarrassed by your own greedy thoughts.

"Oikawa-san, could you-", you mumbled quietly but you didn't finish the sentence.

"What?", Oikawa encouraged you to continue.

"I can't say this", you whined.

"Please, tell me", the boy insisted.

"Would it be bad if", you coughed up after a moment of silence, "just this one time...", you clenched your fists. "If I asked you to kiss me?"

The boy widened his eyes, surprised by your request. He was gazing at your hunched figure, which suddenly seemed so fragile and helpless. So it was all about this? You felt so confused because you, just like him, wanted to kiss him? Could his sole touch be enough to make you feel better? The boy suddenly felt guiltiness overflowing him. He didn't deserve to be liked by you. He treated you like an easy relief while your feelings towards him were completely serious.

But he couldn't stop now.

He slowly stretched his hand towards your face, which you were still hiding between your arms. You shivered under his touch.

"I can't do it if your face is down", he pouted playfully and you let him raise your head. You were trying to avoid his look, but in the end you couldn't help but peek at his slightly flushed face. You were observing him closing up to you, and suddenly, you felt his warm, damp lips touching yours. You closed your eyes and put your one hand on his shoulder, the second one gripping the material of his jacket. The boy's moves were getting faster when, suddenly, you moved back, panting.

"Why", you looked up at him. "Why did you agree?"

"I want to repay you somehow", he replied quietly, "for what you're doing... for me".

"So it's just a pity?", you continued inquiring.

"No, I also...", Oikawa abashed. "Want it".

You smiled lighty and put your head on the boy's chest, feeling the warmth of his body, inhaling his scent. Maybe if you, if your fingers, your nose, could remember this feeling well enough, you would be able to get yourself satisfied next time? After all, you knew it was the first and the last time when Oikawa agreed to your whims.

"You can continue", you said after a while.

Oikawa smoothly caught your lips and started sucking them. You dug your fingers into his chocolate locks, letting the boy take control over the situation. You moaned quietly, feeling Oikawa's tongue making its way through your mouth, but you managed to keep to his pace. When you parted, you were both panting and blushing madly.

It was slightly better, but still, neither of you was satisfied.