Thirty Three: Lie

"So now you hate him, huh?", Iwaizumi's disbelieving voice clashed through your phone.

You gripped the phone tighter in a sudden onrush of emotions. You took a deep breath before replying.

"I wish I could", you said with a crooked smile.

"And so I thought", your friend sighed.

A moment of silence followed, but you soon broke it with a wailing whisper.

"God, I feel so lame for always letting the two of you see me cry".

"I don't think it's that bad", Iwaizumi replied calmly. You widened your eyes in surprise.

"What do you mean?", you asked curiously.

"Not only I, Oikawa also hates seeing you cry, you know? And being the one who makes you cry is like a double hit for him", the boy explained. "Maybe thanks to this, he will think over his actions, and finally..."

And finally admit his feelings towards you, he thought. He really wanted to say that out loud but instead, he finished:

"Get himself together".

Oikawa was lying on his bed with absent expression on his face. His eyes were locked on the ceiling, but all he could see was the image of you screaming in his face these three words:

"I hate you".

The boy sighed, covering his eyes with his arm.

So it finally happened - you hated him.

But what did he expect after using you and leaving so coldly? No matter how he looked at it - everything was his fault. He should have never agreed to what you suggested in the first place.

He gritted his teeth.

But kissing you just felt too good not to continue doing so.

And now he was left with nothing but memories of your warm lips and a heart constantly aching in pain.

He wanted to kiss you again but he knew he shouldn't - if he hadn't broken the agreement, he would have dived in too deep into this thing to focus on volleyball.

He knew it, but he still felt unsure and even the vision of taking revenge on Ushiwaka wasn't making him more confident about his decision.

He cursed under his breath.

He really shouldn't have agreed to anything.

Because if he hadn't done it, he would have never assured himself that he didn't need anyone more than you.