Twenty Eight: Leave

You blinked dimly at the boy, processing what he just said.

"What?", you asked, a disbelief could be clearly heard in your voice.

"From now on you don't have to let me kiss you", he explained and clenched his fists.

You widened your eyes as you realised that Oikawa was serious.

"Do I not satisfy you anymore?", your voice was quieter.

Oikawa peeked at you and moved his eyes on the ground.

"No, you don't", he answered shortly.

"I-I see...", you said and smiled awry. "Yeah, I think it will be better like that", you added, putting on an awry smile.

Silence followed, but was soon broken by Oikawa.

"I should go", he said, turning away from you.

"Um... Bye", you waved to him faintly, gaping at his silhouette until it dissapeared behind the trees.

As soon as it happened, you slumped on the ground and hid your face between the legs. You felt your cheeks getting wet from the suspended tears, your vision became blurry. You closed your eyes and clenched your teeth, trying to hold in the helpless whine.

You knew it would happen eventually.

You knew it, but you didn't expect it to hurt so much.

So it was the end. There was no hope for Oikawa to fall for you. There was no way to keep him from other girls.

You couldn't do anything.

The yesterday's evening. Being so close to him. It meant nothing. You were no more than a friend to him.

But what did you expect?

Why, from all the girls, would he have to choose you?

Because you were his best friend's friend? Because you were a manager of his team?

You could see it clearly now - it was ridiculous to hope for being the only one for him.