Twenty Five: Surprise

When the evening practice finished, you stayed longer as usually to clean up the gymnasium. The hall was empty and quiet since all the boys had already gone to changing room or left the school. You liked these moments when you were alone in this big space with nothing but your thoughts and feelings. Before you confessed to Oikawa, you would sometimes stay longer and tell Iwaizumi to go without you. Then, you would just sit here and let yourself be consumed by every moment when your and Oikawa's eyes met, when you accidentally touched, when he smiled, when he made your heart speed up. These were the sacred moments you kept for yourself, believing that you could be satisfied with only them. But as the time passed, it became obvious that you couldn't. You wanted Oikawa to feel the same about you, to see how much you liked him, and how much you would do to be with him. But when you finally managed to confess these messy feelings to him, everything broke into pieces. Not only did he not like you but he also was making out with other girls. So you came up with this agreement, the worst idea you could think of, and yet the only one that seemed acceptable. At the very beginning of it you promised yourself to give up on Oikawa. But it wasn't as easy as you expected. Essentially, his every action, the intimate moments between the two of you, experiencing his different side - all of it made you fall even more for him.

Was it bad that you still held a faint hope for him to like you?

When all of the boys finished changing and left the school, Oikawa was still sitting in the clubroom, stalling with packing up. He told Iwaizumi to go without him and promised him to accompany you to the station. Actually there was more he wanted to do with you today.

When he left the room, he was about to go pick you up from the gymnasium where you were still cleaning. He was already heading towards the hall when some black silhouette standing at the school gates caught his eye. He squinted to check who was the person standing there. As he recognised the figure, his smile immediately vanished.

"Oikawa-san!", Kageyama called out for him.

Was it a deja vu? In front of the school's entrance was standing a black haired boy, wearing a black tracksuit and sneakers. Oikawa unwillingly approached him.

"Tobio-chan", he said with clear discontent in his voice. "[Name] is in the gymansium", he added.

"I'm here to talk to you, Oikawa-san", Kageyama replied confidently. "Do you have a minute?"

Oikawa raised his eyebrow and answered reluctantly:

"Be quick".

The black haired boy nodded and gulped before he spoke. It was visible that he had problems with forming the question.

"What's between you and [Name]?", he finally asked, peeking at Oikawa precauriously.

The chocolate haired boy widened his eyes before putting on a challenging expression.

"That has nothing to do with you", he growled and clenched his fists.

"She says it's nothing, but even I can see she's not happy", Kageyama ignored his senpai's menacing glare.

For a moment, Oikawa stiffened. The memory of your crying face stroke him like a lightning, but it vanished as soon as it appeared.

"So, I'm sorry for asking, but what do you feel about her?", the black haired boy continued.

Oikawa shivered and looked at his kouhai with irritation.

He wanted to say something, but he paused and widened his eyes, seeing a rare view.

Kageyama's face was red, and the boy was looking nervously on the ground.

A teasing expression appeared on Oikawa's face and he moved closer to the boy.

"Hm? Is our Tobio-chan blushing?", he smiled slyly.

Kageyama jolted and moved away the look.

"I-I'm not-", he stumbled but was interrupted by his senpai.

"Tell me, do you like [Name]?", Oikawa asked, trying to make the boy even more embarrassed.

Kageyama flushed even more and clenched his fists. He inhaled, mustering up to reply.

"What if I do?"