Twenty Seven: Break

When your train departed, Oikawa made his way back to the exit from the station. At first his pace was fast, just as if he was trying to escape. But slowly, it started slowing down, and when the boy walked down the stairs, his steps stopped completely. Drained from the mess in his head, he leant on the wall of the station's building and lowered his head, so that the fringe was covering his eyes. He sighed and smacked his face, cut up about his own, uncontrollable actions.

"This is bad...", he murmured to himself, ignoring the admiring looks some of the passing by girls gave him.

Not only did he get enraged by the fact that Kageyama liked you, but he also selfishly used you to the point where you couldn't breathe.

But these weren't the things that stroke him the most.

The moment he saw your messy, teared up face and felt it shivering under his touch - this was the moment when he lost control for good. When he slowly started moving towards you, restlessly reaching for your warm lips... Back then it was different than usually. He wanted to kiss you only because it was particularly you.

This is what scared him so much.

But what was even scarier for him was that it probably was like this from the beginning.

The next day, after the evening practice. You and Oikawa were standing at the back of the gymnasium.

You could see that something was wrong. His look was absent and cold, his face emotionless. He didn't seem stressed nor relaxed.

You pulled the boy's jacket lightly, trying to get his attention.

"Oikawa-san, aren't you going to kiss me?", you asked.

Oikawa put his hands in the pockets of his jacket and lowered his head so that the fringe was covering his eyes.

"[Name], I think we should end this", he replied after a moment of silence.