Chapter 1 (Escape)

Just a reminder. Please read the first book (The Adventure to Paradise) before starting this one.

Everyone at paradise stared at the sky. The frightening wormhole was going to obliterate us all. Well that's what I thought until small yellow/orangish fireflies fell from the pitch black sky. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I held Debby's hand which made the moment more perfect and memorable.
"It looks like those supernatural fairy fireflies," Debby said stating the obvious.
It looked even more beautiful as it drew nearer to the ground.
"I can't believe that this little thing destroyed all the buildings in this place," the stranger said while reaching out to touch one of the fireflies. As soon as it made physical contact with the man it immediately disintegrated him.
"Holy shit!" I shouted. I knew at that very moment these things were the demons which Curtis spoke of. Everyone screamed in fear.
I saw Dr Williams run away with Tessa. I told the gang to follow him and so did the new recruits.
"Wait up!" Marcus shouted at them. I saw them slow down.
"What's your name soldier?" Marcus asked one of the new recruits.
"Bobby sir," he answer right away.
"Anyways what's the plan?" I asked Dr Williams. The gang circled around us to listen to Curtis's plan.
"We won't survive out there without any firearms, we need guns to shoot those damn things, then we head to the hillls as it's the only way that leads to the desert," he explained.
"Alright everyone let's get out of this town Jared, Marcus and I are going to get guns," I said.

We entered the gun store also called AmmoCity. Guns were not allowed in paradise unless the entire place was in grave danger.
Marcus threw his big ass bag on the the table. Jared and Marcus packed assualt rifles, sniper rifles and handguns while I only packed C4s. I looked out the shop and saw the demons. They transformed into some kind of mystical four legged beasts.
"Get down!" I whispered. They hid with me behind the cash register.
"How are we going to get out of here?" Marcus whispered.
''Well, I say we use the back door but those things will bite our heads off before we even stand up," Jared said.
"We wait" I replied.
"Dude there's no time to wait," Marcus complained.
"You have to throw a flashbang" Jared whispered even squeakier.
"What no way, that will attract attention and we certainly do not want that," I said doubtfully.
Marcus grabbed my shirt.
"Listen man do it now, it's the only way to survive. If you won't do it then I will," he said. I grabbed a flash bang and threw it at the direction of the demon.

"Go go go!" I screamed. Jared broke down the backdoor and ran out. Marcus and I were running right behind him when we heard screeching everywhere. I admit it I was so scared.
"Take out your guns," I shouted. The three of us tried shooting some demons but we lacked experience. We finally made it out of town. I saw a breeze of a sand ahead of the hilll that led out of paradise. As we met up with the rest of gang I told them to continue running deep into the windy desert to avoid being seen by the demons.