Chapter 23 (The Framework Part 2)

"Firstly I think this whole thing was a setup" she starts.
"Please don't tell me that this is about Debby again" I start shaking my head.
"It has nothing to do with that girl, relax" she tells me. I roll my eyes.
"I'm talking about paradise in general. I think this whole place was built including the desert"
"Where's this coming from?" Kholi asked her.
"It's just a hunch. Basically it's like we're in a framework" she answers.
"Like we're strung up, we're connected to wires in some lab somewhere, a simulation?" Ricky asks. Erica nods her head.
"Maybe, but not in that way. Whoever built this whole area wanted everyone to go to specifically to paradise. They didn't concentrate that much on the other parts of this dimension. They only focused specifically on paradise. So us leaving paradise meant that we left an area that the framework hasn't programmed yet. Meaning that our brains are being fried at the moment leading to the loss of our memories" she explained. My eyes were wide opened. Erica just solved the case of this whole thing.
"So all the people that left paradise  have scattered across the desert, are currently losing their memory or have already lost it?" I asked.
"I think so. But this is a brilliant theory don't you think?
"It really is. Good job Erica"

"So how would one leave the framework?" Tessa took a sip of her water.
"I have no clue, I'm sure the Chatari have a way out, I mean why else would we get the crystals" Erica said.
I miss Debby so much. It just feels so different without her here. Ricky told me that Debby's group were going to meet us near the Chatari's territory. I hope Briggs didn't hurt her or else I will kick the shit out of him. Erica's theory was nothing but pure genius. I believe that we have the ability as a family do so much with this new information that Erica gave us. Maybe even counter the effects of us losing our memories. I don't want to forget the life I used to have. Even though I was bullied throughout my entire school career.
"There's something I want to bring up" Erica said interrupting my deep thoughts.
"Debby's father" she nods.
"What about her father" Lily asks.
"You know I love you guys with all my heart and I want you all to be safe"
"Yes Erica we know that and we leave you too" I say enthusiastically.
"I'm not allowed to do this but I have you have to know" she starts crying. Dyrek starts hugging her
"The truth about Debby's father is.."
One of the tyres of the car blew out.
Charlie got out of the car and I followed him.
"The heat put too much pressure on the tyre, there's no fixing it" Charlie tells me. I went straight to the door ane held it wide opened.
"Alright guys we going to have to walk from here" I said.
"Unbelievable in this fucking heat I can't" Ricky cried.
"Sorry bro but you have to move that lazy ass of yours"