Chapter 16 (Suspicions)

Marcus told us that his plan required us to search for the crystal. That was very obvious. I had the feeling that this was going to go terribly wrong. I can tell. He gave each of us walkie talkies. Ben tapped my shoulder. I turned to him with an annoying look on my face.
"I'm sorry I kissed you, I can see that it's eating you up inside and that was never my intention" he whispered.
"I think it's too late for you to apologize Ben. The damage has been done" I replied while looking through the binoculars. We were on top of one of the tallest skyscrapers in Azmonia. This city was just incredible. Way better than anything we have on earth. Marcus placed a very large gun on the edge of the roof and aimed it at the SAVAGE headquarters.
"Where the hell did you get that gun from?" I questioned.
"Don't worry about, you just have to trust in the plan of Marcus Eastwood" he answered cockily. Every one in the group received training throughout our escape from paradise. We went from small teenagers to ass kicking ones. I couldn't think of anything better so I just put it the best way I could. He shot a zip line at the building and held the gun until the zip line attached to the wall outside the building. Jared and drew jumped on the line and zipped their way to the headquarters. They broke the window as the entered inside.
"Hey how is your plan gonna get us out of here huh?" Frankie asked Marcus.
"Don't worry you guys ain't going to like it but it's good enough" he giggled. Something tells me that Marcus is going to get us killed. I grabbed the handle and jumped. As I was zipping through the skyscrapers I started looking down. Oh my word I was really high up. If I just decided to let go then I'd fall for about 40 stories. I snapped out of my thoughts when I entered the SAVAGE. We waited for Ben and Marcus finally made it in.
Marcus opened his bag and gave us all stun guns.
"Restricted floor" Drew read out.
"Do you guys think we on the right floor?" Frankie asked us.
"Depends on how many restricted floors this building has" Jared replied cracking his knuckles.
"Can you stop that, I don't like that sound" Frankie covered his ears.
It turns out that we were following Marcus's plan after all.
"I can't believe that I, the great Debby Starling is involved in a heist that involves a very stupid plan" I laughed out but I think I said that out loud. The guys were laughing.

We got in a random lab. It was very large but unusually empty. Something didn't feel right.
"The Crystal!" Frankie shouted out.
"Something's wrong" I say.
"What could possibly be wrong, we got what we came for" Marcus replied.
"That's the point. It was too easy"
"What you thinking Debz?" Drew asked.
"Why do you think we never saw anyone. The entire floor is empty and we haven't seen a single savage, and for them to just leave the crystal unprotected like this is just too suspicious"
"It's a trap" Jared came into realization.
"We need to get out of here" Frankie spoke out. A gaseous substance entire the lab through the ventilation shafts. I realized that the only door out of the lab was closing. It shut just before I could reach it.
"Shit we trapped!" I stuggled. Everyone started panicing just before everything went pitch black.