Chapter 13 (Deepest Secrets)

The stars were shining brightly in the pitch black sky. I started thinking about Jackson  and the others I hope they are ok. How brave could those guys be in order to go into the demon's den. I had no idea a city could look more beautiful. Azmonia was like an actual city filled with giant skyscrapers. I couldn't believe that something like this existed in this dimension while the rest of the entire world was scorched in this freaking god forsaken desert. The lights of the city were very visible and vibrant. Like the future just filled with very bad people. The gang decided to camp out not far from the city. Just where the surface was still flat.
"I think we should play a game" Drew said around the campfire.
"I know, let's tell each other our deepest secrets. I think it helps develope and improve our level of trust for one another"  Marcus stated.

"Well you know when Marcus started dating Erica, I started getting that feeling he was super hot" Drew admitted.
Marcus blushed insanely.
"What while you were dating me?" Jared chuckled. Everyone laughed.
"Well thank you Drew, I just wish you told me. Maybe we could have you know" Marcus said while he stood up and started air thrusting.
"I'll kick your ass Marcus sit down" Jared warned him. Marcus sat down immediately.
"You guys know when I got an A for Calculus in our end of year exams in the 10th grade?" Jared asked us. Everyone that went to Blarrington High nodded their heads.
"The truth is that I secretly went to Ricky and he became my tutor. He and I actually spent most of our time playing video games. He taught me the ways of the geek" Jared revealed.
Everyone was shocked.
"Am I missing something?" Curtis asked.
"Yeah Jared was known as the popular kid and the school bully with his best buddy Christian" Frankie said.
Jared started crying and so did I.
"Who's Christian?" Sasha asked.
"Christian was Jared's best friend and my ex boyfriend. He was one of the most amazing people I knew" I cried out.
"Oh Debby I'm so sorry for bashing out on you earlier I didn't know that you actually lost someone" Sasha said as we both hugged.
"How did he die?" Ben whispered.
"We were running up this large collapsing staircase on our way to a mystical temple while be chased by a fucking dinosaur. One thing led to another and then Christian fell"
Jared explained. When things calmed down I decided that it was my turn to open up.

"You know when I used to run away all the time. I went to these very beautiful and peaceful places where I always use to reminisce. Every single time I disappeared I had the intention of killing myself" I spoke out
"What stopped you?" Curtis asked curiously.
"Motherfucking Jackson Harrison, I always loved him with all my heart and I couldn't go anywhere knowing that things with him were awkward" I said.
"Wow Debby I don't think any of us knew that" Frankie said.
"Yeah well now you do" I laughed out as they all joined me. We all hugged as a group and went to sleep.

A few hours later Ben woke me up while the others were sleeping.
"Hey Debz can you come with me" he asked.
"Yeah sure" I stood up as I walked with him. Ben stopped behind a giant rock not far from our little camping site.
Ben and I looked at the stars.
"Do you know that the stars reminds us of how much god cares about the details" Ben stated.
"I didn't think of it that way" I laughed out.
"Look Debby I just wanted to thank you, no one has comforted me as much as you have"
"It's something that I had to do" I laughed.
Ben opened his arms and I accepted them. A very long but meaningful hug. Ben immediately kissed me which I did not expect at all but for some reason I felt the presence of the electricity. I soon returned the kiss.