Chapter 6 (Love Is Real)

I walked up to Marcus and ask to speak to him alone.
"Hey Jackson, my very brave friend" he said emphasising the word brave.
"It's not funny anymore bro drop it". We just laughed. I wanted to seriously tell him about Erica but I thought it was for the best if he found out himself.

"Look man do you agree with what Erica has being saying lately?" I asked him.
"With what? The debby killing us part or the we wanna go home part?"
"Both" I said while sitting down. He sat down next to me.
"I believe her a bit" he said.
"A bit?"
"Yeah a bit, I don't believe that Debby led us here to kill us but I have had that feeling every once in a while"
"What feeling are you talking about?"
"The feeling of me wanting to go home. The feeling of me wishing that I never came here to paradise. That same feeling of me missing my parents and my entire family" he said. After that I saw a tear running down his cheek.
"Man I forgot how cold it was in here" Marcus said folding his arms. After hearing that I started experiencing that feeling of my spine shivering.
"We heading out tomorrow morning" Tessa told everone.

Later that night when everyone was sleeping I walked to Debby and kissed her.
"Come with me" she said offering her hand to me and obviously I took it. We went out the window from which we entered.

Debby and I climbed to the top of the mall and sat on the rooftop. She held my hand and rested her head on my shoulder.

We both looked at the beautiful yet abondoned city.
"I feel like this is, uh, some dream world we’re in, you know" she said to me.
"Yeah, it’s so weird. It’s like our time together is just ours. It’s our own creation. It must be like I’m in your dream, and you in mine, or something."
"And what’s so cool is that this whole evening, all our time together, shouldn’t officially be happening".
"Yeah, I know. Maybe that’s why this feels so otherworldly" I said and she laughed.
"Your special Jackson Harrison, you're a man with a very good heart. Sometimes I wish we never came here to Paradise. We would have lived a happy life"
"It's not like we don't have a happy life now, and we came here to look for your dad. It won't change anything. My home is with you Debby Huntington Starling and no place or dimension would ever change that" I finished. Debby smiled brighy after hearing what I said. We shared kissed a kiss that has never ever felt as good.
Both of us decided to sleep as I held her tightly in my arms and kissed her goodnight.