15 - Politics

Steve sat in the government office waiting to be both evaluated on his last assignment and to receive his next. He was a geographic surveyor and geologist on paper, so no one payed much attention when he went on a trip for work, But in reality, he was a government agent, specifically when dealing with the Enourmen-human intactions. trafficking was quite common, although the old days of blood are over, some habits die hard, to some Enourmen, humans were still pets, to others they are a delicately. Needless to say, many still feel Humans are nothing more than Cattle. Although technically the Enourmen government tries to protect *human* rights, the law struggles, when some of the law keepers are the ones encouraging the unjust treatment. Of course, there were things humans did to the Enourmen, but that wasn't Steve's job, Steve's Job was to avoid detection of both the criminal agents, and the Enourmen law itself, the Enourmen after all didn't appreciate the implications of not doing a good enough job, or the corruption in their society.

"He's ready for you" the secretary nodded.

... 36 hrs later ...

"Shhh, Serena, Don't make a scene, I'm the geography/geology teacher, suprise!" He smiled, he was genuinely happy that his current assignment allowed him to be close to his daughter.

***

"You ready for math?" I asked casually walking across the desk-bridge. Emma shrugged
"Ready as I'll ever be ..." She sighed.
"Blaze ... Why weren't you present first period" a young human woman who seemed to a teacher walked over to him.
"Uh ... Slept in," I smiled sheepishly. Emma looked away.
"Don't make it a habit, but since it's the first week after summer you're fine for today" she taped at the holographic projection in front of her, that had the class list on it, then she walked away.
"What was that ... Light" Emma questioned confused.
"... You've never seen a holopad before?" Emma glared at me.
"Usually teachers use clipboards and pencils ..." She stopped as I chuckled.
"Sounds old fashioned to me, I didn't realize we humans were that much more abvanced." Just then the teacher called, and class started. Emma was again suprised when instead of handing her a paper to do her work on, it appeared in front of her in full colour, projected by the desk. I continued to chuckle at her bewilderment.