34 - unsettling developments

"This habit seriously has to stop" I sighed, pushing the tarp like clothes aside. Emma squealed doing a sort of dance, trying to cover herself with a small pair of panties ... Trying, anyway, I tried not to stare. I sighed turning around and walking into the corner.
"... B ... Blaze ... Wha ... What are you doing...?"
"... Just finish up, get dressed, and make sure I'm not inside when you do this time ... I won't watch ..." I grunted slumping into the corner, hiding from the sight of the naked goddess of clumsiness. She seemed done with trying stuff on, hopefully my struggling to un-bury myself gave her enough time ... She finished up and seemed to hesitate, then she finally spoke.
"... I'm finished" she stated, trying to be calm, but a little shaken up by my little interuption. Turning around I looked up, at the now clothed feminine figure.
"Have what you want?"
She nodded
"Well I guess we should go to the next store" I suggested.
She again nodded, then shrugged.
"No pockets, want to ride on my shoulder?" She gestured, pulling her hoody aside. I stepped forward allowing her to lift me to my perch.
We walked to the cash, and she purchased her clothes.
"Now where should we go?" She asked, before I could respond, the shopkeeper cast a confused look.
"... I can't leave the store ..."
"... Wha ... Oh ... I wasn't talking to you" Emma responded,
"... Then who were you talking to?" The shopkeepers face drooping in concern. Emma just pulled her hoody away just enough for them to see me, I waved a little.
"Oh! He's so cute! I heard they are great pets! And this one looks like he's very well trained ... Where'd you get him? And for how much?" The keeper asked, face lighting up, and glancing over me like I was a puppy.
Emma shifted, hesitating, trying to understand their words.
"... I didn't buy him ... That's illegal ..." She responded, clearly at a lack of words of her own.
"It is now, they are quite popular actually. There are even stores here in the mall that sell them, and accessories, and the like" the cashier shrugged, as casually as telling someone some news.
"... So you don't have to pretend anymore." They nodded. Some other customers started lining up behind us.
" ... Sorry I need to get back to work ..." They shrugged, dismissing our interaction as quickly as they started.
Emma was tense, and confused, as she turned around, walking out of the clothing store. She walked down the hall, to one of the shops she had noticed a *now human friendly* sign, sure enough, inside, there were not humans buying them, but their Enourmen owners. Some of them were told to try on things, or to test something, but they clearly weren't interested in what they were trying. Emma stood frozen, she clearly had no idea, and neither did I.
"... I think we should go ... Master ..." I mumbled semi seriously, partially to play the part, and partially because I found it funny. Emma just frowned and nodded though. She walked down the hall, wanting to get away from the potential awkwardness that threatened them.
"Hello mam! How are you today" a peppy sales person stepped in front of Emma.
"We would like to interest you in a free sample of organic kibble, it has all the vitamins and minerals a human needs to thrive. Based on ingredients they would find in the wild!" They just kept talking, Emma tried to leave the conversation a couple times, but they insisted. They were doing their job a little too well, I just hoped they shut up soon.
"No thanks" Emma sighed, finally getting the chance to speak.
"No? We have a variety of other items we are offering, like this finger brush, it slips on one finger, and the bristles are designed to brush human hair effortlessly, no more trying to use bulky conventional brushed on them!" They continued. How did they even have the lung capacity, God do they ever shut up! ... I guess it's their job not to. Finally getting away from the mall, we headed home to the relative safety of our room ...