27 - as clean as Stuart little

I gasped for breath and coughed soap and water out of my breath.
"Ugh" I heaved pulling myself out of the rag, but finding myself in a sea of cloth. Catching my breath I sat for a moment, my heart really started to ache, like it was being squeezed. Eventually though I was good enough to make my way to the edge ...
"Wah!..." Was all that came out of my mouth as my first step gave way. really, I should have known, cloth isn't something you make floor out of usually ... I landed in a crevasse in the hamper staring at the sky for a split second before moving to get up. Before I could though, I saw Emma's face peer down, a sliver of hope lifted in my chest...

***

I rubbed myself with the towel until I was dry. Then leaned over the hamper. My eyes scanned around, but I had to rummage through to find what I wanted to wear, a simple pair of Pjs. I quickly threw them on then glanced at the very full laundry basket, I should do some laundry ...

***

Hope faded when she overturned the mess of cloth around mixing me into the folds of dirty clothes. When it stopped, shuffling could be heard as Emma dressed herself, followed by the sound of her walking away, I hate to admit it, but at least she's out of the way for me to get out ...

I had climbed through much of the maze of women's wear when the padding of footsteps returned. They stopped in front of the basket and a sudden pressure dropped down, then up as the hamper was lifted. The ride was bumpy, cloth flew everywhere propelling me into all manner of fabrics. Then the world tipped and for a moment I saw the barrel of the washing machine before being returned to the caverns of feminine garments.

After an initial clang the world fell silent, then a few clicks, then running water, you can guess the rest, me frantically climbing and the water chasing me and pulling my only means of food in down, a losing battle. It wasn't long until I succumbed to its advance, plunging me into a dark cold liquid. Then, as if to taunt my closeness to an escape, it stopped, everything fell still for a moment, the calm before the storm...
*spzhhh*
The water spun one way, then back. Shaking me and the clothes like a predetor with its prey, thrashing it back and forth, in an attempt to snap it's neck. Trying to stay afloat was impossible, I got water breaths of air-water mixtures I could whenever I resurfaced in the torrent. This continued for far too long, my lungs and limbs aching, and my heart feeling like it was being stabbed again. At one point I noticed bubbles, couldn't tell you more than that, everything was so wishy washy that I didn't notice when they started or when they ended... Finally everything sloshed to a stop drawing the water. I clung to whatever soggy article I could coughing up water, and then it was the first spin cycle. Have you been on a roller coaster? Well if you want a real thriller, try the spin cycle, it literally begins pulling the liquid out of your body with sheer spinning force, like the walls suddenly had the gravity of the sun, if you can last longer than the five seconds I did, you must be superman or goku.

//Go check out my new book please ;)//