Chapter Nineteen

Okay, I'm so sorry for not updating in like forever but I'll be updating again soon. Also HAPPY THANKSGIVING 🦃 🍽🍁🍂

Skyler's POV: "I want to tell you Kayel

Skyler's POV:
"I want to tell you Kayel..." I said.

"Are you completely sure Skyler? You won't regret it?" Asked Kayel.

"I'm sure." I said to him. Kayel nodded and jester with his hands for me to speak. Taking a big breath I started to speak.

"My dad he was my everything. We had this bond like no other, you would have thought that I would bond more with my mom but I didn't. He died three years ago in a car accident. Everything changed. My mother and I had a really hard time getting the fact that dad was gone. But for me it's been worse cause I was there when he died. It was horrible I thought that we wouldn't make it." I told him. I felt tears rolling down my face. Kayel hugged me close.

"I remember that we were talking and laughing, we where having fun. But then everything changed, my dad had looked at me for a moment to tell me something when I saw a truck drift off to our lane. I yelled at my dad to watch out, he tried to avoid the truck but he couldn't so I remember him taking my hand and telling me that he loves me. He closed his eyes and held my hand harder. I did the same, then when I woke up we where still inside the car. Dad was trying to get out." I stopped talking, I was shaking badly. I don't know if I can continue...

"Skyler you don't have to continue. You have shared enough. I know that it's hard to open up to someone. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or forced to tell me anything. We can take things slow." Said Kayel to me. I hugged Kayel and he pulled me closer to him. Actually he pulled me on to his lap, he made me face him and wiped my tears away.

"I'll continue, I want you to know and I know that I won't be able to find the courage to tell you this again." I told him.

"If that's what you want then I'm listening." He said. Taking a shaky breath I closed me eyes and started to speak again.

"I couldn't move cause I couldn't feel my feet or my arms. I felt blood dripping from different parts of my body. My dad was full of deep cuts and he was losing a lot more blood than I. When he managed to get out of the car he came to my side, I don't know how he could even feel is arms or legs but I just know that he came to my side. He tried to open the door but he was too weak. So I started to try and move my hand. Even though I couldn't feel it I managed to move it. When my dad saw that he tried to open the car door again. The door opened but I still couldn't move to get out. Dad was covered in blood from head to toe but he ignored all his pain and helped me get out of the car. Right when he got me out I heard sirens and people coming and yelling. An ambulance came and took me and my dad to the hospital." I was shaking and sobbing, my head was on the crook of his neck hiding me from the outside world.

"Oh Skyler." Said Kayel and pulled me impossibly close to him. I was still on his lap.

"After having surgery and being in coma for a few months I woke up. My dad was still in coma and they didn't think he would wake up again. I would go to see him everyday but I found out that I couldn't walk, the doctors told me and my mom that it would be a miracle if I could ever walk again. So I would go to my dad and just look at him wishing for him to wake up. One day when I was all alone in his hospital room he woke up. I was about to push the nurse bottom so she could come and check him when he stopped me. He looked at me and smiled and said it wasn't necessary to call the nurse. I didn't understand why but he told me that he was glad I was okay, to take care of my mom and to remember that none of this was my fault. He told me to live my life to the very last and that I would always be his little girl. He said I love you, remember that. Then like it never happened he fell asleep but then I heard a beeping noice and then a long beep. My father was gone and I was the last person he talked to. I cried and cried. When the doctor and nurses came into the room to take me away and try to see if they could safe my dad I didn't even fight them I was too shocked to do anything. My mother was outside crying as well. We couldn't believe what had happened. That was the last day I got to talk and see my dad." I said to Kayel. Even though it hurt to speak about that day I'm glad I did. I felt like a wight was lifted off my shoulders.

"Skyler you are such a strong girl. I never thought that you had went through all of this. I don't think that if something like this happened to me I would be able to survive." Said Kayel.

"I didn't think I could survive as well Kayel but something in me made me fight. I don't know what it was but I'm so glad that I fought, I'm so glad that I got better." I told him.

"Skyler... thank you for sharing your past with me it means a lot to me. I'm so proud of you. Thank you so much for opening up to me." He said to me. I smiled at him even though I was still crying a bit.

"Look I told you cause I felt that this was the right time to tell you. I wanted to let someone in and I thought that you where perfect for handling everything. Kayel I want you to trust me and let me in. I'm not pushing you to tell me what it was that made you become how you are today but I do hope that one day you could tell me. Even if it's years from now." I told him.

Remember to:

Remember to:

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

With lots of love ❤️ and hugs 🤗,
pcristal05011.