Chapter 77

Hayes came home from the hospital, and now I'm heading off to New Jersey for softball camp.  Hayes came too because he claims that boys from my old school are gonna see me and wanna date me or something.  Were staying in a hotel  instead of staying with Jen or Allison.  My mom brought us, so its us three and Layla and her mom in the next room over.  Its night time when we do finally reach the hotel.  Since were low on funds, me and Hayes share a room, but different beds.  Dont get startled. 

"I'm not tired." I say

"Neither am I.  What should we do?" Hayes asks.  Then, boom.  Good idea alert.

"Ok, so we should go night swimming!"  I say

"But your mom would know." Hayes says, confused.

"No she wouldnt ya silly goose, thats the point.  She doesnt know because we wont tell her.  We make her think were sleeping, then when she falls asleep, we go." I say, as Hayes shrugs his shoulders.  We put this plan into action.

"Plan #1, is a go.  You know, we should make that our thing.  Plans.  This is just number one." Hayes smiles, as we lay down in our beds.  Soon enough, my mom comes in to check on us, and then leaves to go to bed herself.

-

"Why did you do that?" I pout, after Hayes pushed me in the pool.

"Is it cold?" he asks

"No, its heated." I say, as he jumps in next to me.  I laugh when he comes up from the water, and his hair is covering his face.

"Help I'm drowning!" Hayes says, pretending to drown, causing me to laugh.  I swim over to him and pick him up in a weird way.  He smiles at me.

"I think I need mouth to mouth." he mumbles, as I giggle.  I then connect our lips for a second, and then I pull away.  

*The Next Day*

I had to wake up at 8am for this camp, which starts at 9.  I put on an old recreation softball shirt, softball pants, and black softball socks.  I put on my black cleats, and put on some of the black face paint stuff that goes under your eyes.  I then put my hair up into a pony tail along with a nike headband, and head out into the kitchen thing to get a poptart for breakfast. I grab one, grab my softball bag, and tell my mom I'm going.  She says ok, and then I head next door to Layla's hotel room.

"Hey Layla." I smile, as she opens the door.

"Hey G!" she says, wide awake, wrapping me in a hug.  Man, her hugs are bone crushing tight.

"You girls ready?" her mom asks

"yeah." we both say, as we head out of the room, to her moms car.

We soon arrive at the softball place.  I have no clue where Jen and Allison are right now.  I'm just like, sitting down on a bench with Layla, eating sunflower seeds.  Dill Pickle flavor to be exact.  Man, I love these.

"Classic Gianna with her pickle seeds." I hear someone laugh behind me.  I look back to see Jen and Allison.  I bolt up and literally attack them with hugs.

"Oh my gosh!  We missed you too." Allison laughs, as we all let go. 

"Jen Allison, meet Layla.  She's my new neighbor." I smile, as they say hello.  Layla gets up and hugs them.

"I know I dont know you guys but I'm working on being social." Layla laughs, as well as Jen and Allison.  Soon enough, the girl running the program shows up, and we partner up.  I partnew up with Layla, and Jenn and Allison partner up as well.  Jen pitches to Allison, and I pitch to Layle.  Me and Jen were 2 of the best pitchers in my town.  We werent the best, were were just some of the bests.

"How fast do you pitch?" Layla asks

"Um, I dont know." I laugh, throwing a perfect pitch right to Layla's glove.  The instructor soon pulls us in, and she gives us a talk about random stuff.  Soon enough, she's talking about how her ex husband is marrying her cousin.  Poor lady.

-

"That was interesting." Layla says, as the four of us walk off the feild.

"Yeah, I mean, I feel bad for Zoe, her ex husband is marrying her cousin.  Poor girl." I say

"Wanna go get frozen yogurt?" Allison asks

"My mom can drive." Jen says.

"Can Hayes come?" I ask

"Of course." Jen laughs.  We all laugh, and then we go our separate ways to get ready.  Once I reach my hotel room, I head into my room to get changed.  I find Hayes in his bed, on his phone.  Boys and there internet.

"Hayes, me and my friends are going for frozen yogurt, wanna come?" I ask

"Sure." Hayes says.  I roll my eyes, and pick out something to wear.  A plain blue crop top, with denuim shorts.  I find it cute how instead of a button, theres a purple stud.  Ha, I love purple.

"Lets go!" I shout, as me and Hayes leave.  I already told my mom about it.  She said she was gonna go over Jen's house anyway to hang out with her mom.

"Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate." I say, adding various chocolate toppings to my chocolate frozen yogurt.  Chocolate chips, chocolate peanut butter cups, chocolate sprinkles, and rainbow sprinkles, just for some color.

Once we finish making our frozen yogurt, we sit down at a table and begin eating.  I sit next to Hayes on one side, while Layla, Jen, and Allison sit on the other.

"I miss this place." I say, with a mouthful of frozen yogurt.

"You could always come back.  Nothings the same without you.  Even in school, Mr. Kelly hasnt laughed like he did when you were here since you left.  You would always make him literally have to put his head down from all the laughing." Allison says slightly laughing at the memory.

"And he shaved his beard, but grew it back.  It wasnt the same without his ginger beard." Jen laughs.  Mr. Kelly without his beard? Ugh, thats a weird thought.  We soon finish up, and we leave that place and decide just to wander around town like the good old days.  I see Hayes extend his hand out to mine.  I gratefully take it, and we intertwine our fingers, happily walking down a very farmilliar block.

It then hits me like a bag full of bricks.

AUTHORS NOTE

HEY GUYS DID YOU THINK I WAS DEAD BECAUSE IM NOT:D

SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE SOONER

I'm gonna try to update more often, but I have softball or soccer everyday after school, and right now I'm neglecting my cousin to write this chapter:/  But its ok because she reads this and said to write it.  Haha.  So yeah, hope you all enjoyed this chapter!  

Remember to comment and vote :D

-Lily:)xxx

SOCIAL MEDIA:

TWITTA: _lily_johnson_

INSTAGRAM: _lily_johnson_

KIK: _lily_johnson_