Chapter 78

"Here, lets just leave this block." Jen suggests.  I feel tears threatining to leave my eyes.

'N-no, Its ok." I say, about to totally break down.  As I look to my left, I see it.  My house, the house I've grown up in for 13 years of my life.  13 years of my life were then thrown away to move.  

"Whats wrong?" Layla asks.  I then can feel a tear streaming down my cheek.  I can tell no one really knows how to exactly react to this, I wouldnt either.  But I do know that all I want to do is walk up those steps, open up the door, and go back to my normal life.  The life I loved, when I never cried, or was sad, or mad.  I was always happy, back here happy was my middle name.  No one in school or around town would ever see my with a frown on my face, or a tear sheding my eye.  They'd always see me smiling, or laughing.

"Its my house.  Or, my, o-old house." I say, shivering at the words 'old house'. I cant believe that I've survived it in North Carolina.  I thought I wasnt gonna be able to handle it, honestly.  Just as we were about to walk away, I see a sign behind my fence.

For Sale

I read and repeat those words over and over again.  For sale, my house is for sale.  Do you now what this means? Maybe we can move back! Go back to my normal life!  The more I think about it, the better it gets.  But, then again, I really do like it in North Carolina, and I have good reasons to not move back here, too.

Hayes, Harley, Nash, Elizabeth, Layla, Skylynn, Will, Tyler, Nick, Dylan, everyone else there too.  They meant alot to me, I cant just ditch that all now, can I?

-

"Gianna, were you ok back there?" Hayes asks me, as I enter our room.

"yeah, I just, it was hard.  I lived there for 13 years of my life.  Its hard without it." I sigh, sitting down on my bed.

"Well, its ok.  I mean, you have me." Hayes says, sitting next to me and hugging me.  I gratefully hug back, and I feel tears welling up in my eyes.  Why did I have to come to this softball camp, in my hometown, why not in Newark or something?  

"Thank you, Hayes." I whisper, as I bury my face in the crook of his neck.

~

That night, I couldnt fall asleep.  I was to overwhelmed with everything.  From being back home, seeing my old house, and seeing a for sale sign on it.  I cant hold it in anymore.  I let it all out.  By that I mean I start crying, and I cant stop myself.  I was suppose to just come here for softball, not to cry about how much I miss it here.  But here I was, crying because of how much I miss it here.  Its just hard, you know.  Coming back and having to see your old house.

Then, I realized something.  I feel like I have to move back.  I know deep down inside the move was a good thing, but, I dont know.  Without thinking, I get up from bed.  I throw on some shorts and a t-shirt, grab my key card, phone, money, slip on shoes, and leave.  I immediatly know where I'm going, too. 

I take a right from the hotels block, then a left, followed staright, a couple more turns here, a couple there, and bang, I'm here.  I look up at the small house, and I feel a smile form on my face.  I walk up the steps onto the porch, and knock on the door.  It soon opens to a farmiliar face.

"Gianna?"

"Hi Auntie Jennie." I smile, as she bends down and hugs me.  I immediatly hug back.  It feels amazing to be back in one of my family members arms.