Chapter 13 : I promised I'd take care of you

It was a Friday night and Jisoo decided to cook dinner for her and Jinyoung, she prepared dinner and got dressed, she waited for him to come home. After repeatedly checking the time, Jisoo lied down on the couch and sighed.

"It's almost 11 and he isn't even home yet.", she said to no one in particular, she lied down on her stomach, and checked the time again and again.

"Ugh..I should just go upstairs, why do I have to care..", she grumbled as she sat up, "But what if he hasn't eaten yet? I even asked mum what he liked so I could cook it...", she sighed to herself and eventually lied back down.

After waiting for almost 4 hours, eventually she fell asleep on the living room couch.

Jinyoung got home and saw Jisoo asleep on the living room couch, all dressed up. Jisoo was woken up by the sound of the door closing, she fluttered her eyes open slowly, sat up straight and looked at the time.

"Who are you waiting for all dressed up at this hour?", he asked as he took off his watch and loosened his tie, "Your boyfriend?", he asked sarcastically.

"My husband, Jinyoung.", she said grumpily as she rubbed her eye, she looked up at the time and saw that it was almost 1AM, "Why are you home so late anyway? I was waiting for you since 7.", she said.

"You were?", Jinyoung asked, surprised, "Why?", he asked, "Don't wait for me next time.", Jinyoung said as he plopped down on the couch.

"I wanted to have dinner with you. I cooked.", she sighed, "But nevermind, you probably already had dinner.", she said as she got up to keep the food in the refrigerator.

"You cooked?", he asked, following her to the kitchen, feeling a little guilty.

She nodded, Jinyoung just watched her keep all the food in the refrigerator, "I'll head to bed, goodnight.", she said sleepily as she made her way towards the stairs, suddenly, Jinyoung stopped her by grabbing her wrist, Jisoo turned around.

"Yes?", she said.

"Can you...make me hot chocolate?", Jinyoung asked sheepishly, Jisoo narrowed her eyes at him.

"You were out the whole night and didn't mind buying yourself one?", she raised her eyebrow, Jinyoung rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's not the same compared to how you make it....", he muttered.

"Stop being cheesy..", she cringed, "but alright, I'll make you some.", she said afterwards with a small smile as she headed for the pantry.

After making him a mug of hot chocolate, she wished him goodnight and headed upstairs to her room.

"Goodnight sleepyhead.", Jinyoung had replied.

Jisoo leaned on her door sleepily and took a few deep breaths, she changed into her pyjamas and threw herself on the bed, falling sound asleep right after.

Jinyoung knocked on her door, but there was no answer, he slowly opened the door and saw her sound asleep on the bed, he smiled a little and closed the door and with that, he made his way to his own room and slept too.

-

Jisoo has been out with her sister and niece since morning and now they were at Sojin's house, Haejin had just fallen asleep and Sojin was putting her down.

"How's marriage life for you so far?", her sister asked suddenly after she put Haejin down for a nap.

"Huh? Oh, it's fine.", Jisoo smiled.