Chapter 23 : Cold

Jisoo was at lunch with Hyeri, and she was just picking on her food, not really having the appetite to eat, Hyeri noticed something was wrong the minute she saw her bestfriend.

"Jisoo..", she called slowly.

"Sorry, what was that? I was zoning out.", Jisoo said, blinking.

"What's wrong?", Hyeri asked, concerned.

"What do you mean? Everything's fine.", she said trying to sound okay, Hyeri wasn't convinced.

"Jisoo, what's wrong?", Hyeri asked seriously.

"Nothing, okay, I'm just having..a hard time.", Jisoo said, whispering the last part, she looked away, not wanting Hyeri to see her eyes getting glassy.

"Jisoo, you're on the verge of tears. What is it? I can't stand seeing you so upset.", Hyeri said sadly, "You're my bestfriend, if you're sad, I'm sad.", she said looking at Jisoo symphatetically, Jisoo looked at her and shook her head.

"No, don't look at me like that please.", she sighed.

"Then what is it? Did you fight with Jinyoung?", Hyeri asked cautiously.

"No.", Jisoo sighed, regaining herself, she opened her purse and slowly reached inside to get the white envelope, "I-i have something to show you..", Jisoo said, her voice cracked, "But you have to promise me, you won't tell anyone, especially Jackson.", Jisoo said after remembering that Jinyoung was bestfriends with him.

"Why?", Hyeri asked, confused.

"Because he will tell Jinyoung, and I don't want Jinyoung to know about this, at least not now, I'll find a way to tell him, so please, promise me.", Jisoo begged.

"Okay, okay, I won't, now what is it?", Hyeri asked impatiently. Jisoo took out the white envelope from her purse and gave it to Hyeri, Hyeri took it from her puzzled, "What's this?", Hyeri asked, examining the envelope.

"Open it.", Jisoo said as she chewed on her lip. Hyeri opened it and took the photos out, looking through them.

"W-who is this? Who is he with? I-is he....having an affair?", Hyeri asked, shocked and confused.

"I don't know.", Jisoo sighed, "But what I'm thinking isn't wrong right? I-i mean, the photos says alot, I'm not exaggerating am I?", she rambled.

"I-i don't know what to say honestly, I'm sorry Jisoo but any girl would think what you're thinking, I would too, but we can't simply make assumptions.", Hyeri said sympathetically as she put down the photos.

"I know that, I don't want to accuse him of anything, but the photos says alot and the worse part is I...", she said as she felt a big lump in her throat, "....I..I don't know why I feel so hurt.", she said, sighing, "I don't even love him, I don't even know why this hurts so much Hyeri.", she said, as she combed her hair back with her fingers.

"Jisoo...", Hyeri said as she went to sit beside her and hugged her.

"What do I do?", Jisoo sighed.

"You have no other choice but to talk to him about it.", Hyeri adviced, "You have to communicate and trust each other.", Hyeri continued.

"How? I'm not even supposed to be hurt over this, we're only married for the sake of family, god I'm so stupid.", she said in frustration.

"You have to talk it out, and don't you know what this means?", Hyeri asked as she gave a small smile.

"What?", Jisoo said.