Chapter 29 : Better Late Than Never

P/ S : For a quarter of this chapter please listen to this song kekeke :

Eye contact by Kim Ez

-

A few days later, the nightmares stopped and Jisoo was definitely doing better, she still feels a bit traumatised but that can't be helped, and for the past week Jinyoung took care of her, always being by her side when she woke up from those nightmares crying, and she was grateful for that.

Jisoo and Jinyoung were on their way to a self service laundry bar, to do some laundry obviously, Jisoo checked the time on her phone and it was almost 11pm.

"Jinyoung, it's almost 11, why did we decide to do laundry so late..", she said nonchalantly as she sighed.

"Was I the one who fell asleep?", he said, eyes never leaving the road.

"Sorry...the meds really hit me, and you didn't wake me up, so technically, it's your fault.", Jisoo said jokingly.

"Nope, who asked you to sleep?", he joked back and she just let out a small laugh.

After they arrived, they put all their laundry in the available washers. There was no one at the laundry bar, considering it was almost midnight.

"Can we go get ice-cream while we wait?", asked Jisoo.

After they got ice-cream, they waited on the benches that were in the laundry bar while joking around with each other, Jisoo was laughing so hard, her stomach hurt. After their laughters died down, they were catching their breaths from laughing so hard, and also still with the huge grin on their faces.

Jisoo wrapped her arms around his, and she leaned her head on his shoulder. Jinyoung smiled at that.

"You made my cheeks hurt from smiling,—and I haven't felt that in a long time.", Jisoo said softly, still with a small smile on her face as she looked up at him, he turned to see her staring up at him, "I love you.", she said suddenly. Jinyoung was surprised at first but he immediately broke out into a huge grin.

"You're serious?", he said excitedly.

"Mhm, I love you...so much.", she smiled, and he was relieved, she finally said it back, he has been waiting for this moment, he turned to her and smiled, "I'm sorry it took me so long.", she said softly.

"It's okay, better late than never.., I love you more.", he said as he glanced down at her lips. He slowly leaned in, and their lips were only inches away until they heard a loud beep, signaling that their laundry was done, Jisoo broke out into laughter while Jinyoung just looked unamused.

"I guess next time.", she whispered as she got up but he pulled her back down, he attached his lips with hers, as he gently held the back of her neck, his other hand slowly travelling down her spine, she melted under his touch and kissed him back.

-

Jisoo and Jinyoung were at home, watching television, they were on the couch, and she was leaning her head on his shoulder, Jinyoung's phone beeped, signaling that he had received a message, he opened it and started typing, after that he put his phone down.

Jisoo looked up at him.

"Who was that?", she asked.

"Huh? No one, why?", he asked, while looking at her.

"Are you sure it's no one? You've been texting since just now.", she said, frowning.

"It's just Jackson.", Jinyoung chuckled, "Why? Are you afraid I have someone else?", he teased, and she just smacked his arm.