Chapter 28 : I'm Here

Jisoo took of her heels as she ran, she thought she lost him until she heard someone screaming her name.

"YOON JISOO!!!!", he screamed in rage, she was still running until he got closer and pulled her by her sleeve and it ripped. He managed to drag her and she was thrashing and screaming to be let go.

"NO!!! LET ME GO!!!", she cried as she tried getting out of his grip, she used her heel that was in her right hand to hit him in the head and he let go of her, she quickly took off for the second time, and once she reached her car, she dug through her bag to find her car keys, basically shaking and crying.

"WHERE IS IT!!", she freaked out, she saw Jungwon already running towards her, she was freaking out, a few moments later she found her keys, she quickly went inside her car, locking it, Jisoo took a few deep breaths and drove off, leaving a raged Jungwon behind, Jisoo was shaking, crying and breathless as she drove to her husband's office.

Jinyoung was already waiting for her infront of his office building, Jisoo was late, he was getting worried, they had promised to see each other during lunch.

Suddenly, Jisoo's car pulled over right infront of him he got surprised but smiled after that, Jisoo got out of the car, a crying mess, Jinyoung's smiled faded as he saw what condition she was in. Her hair was a mess, she was crying absurdly and the sleeve of her top was ripped, her left cheek was bruising. Jinyoung quickly rushed by her side.

"WHAT HAPPENED??!!", he asked, shocked and worried.

"J-jungwon..Jungwon..", she cried as she lost her balance, Jinyoung caught her before she fell, he looked down and saw that she wasn't wearing any shoes and her pencil skirt was ripped on the side too.

"JUNGWON??!!", he asked, shocked, "WHAT DID HE DO JISOO, DID HE DO THIS TO YOU?!! WHAT DID HE DO JISOO, TELL ME.", Jinyoung urged as he held her by her shoulders.

"H-he tried to rape me, Jinyoung.", she said in between cries, "B-but I ran.", she said with tears in her eyes and holding tight onto Jinyoung's arm, heavy breathing, she felt like she was going to black out anytime soon.

"WHAT?!!!", Jinyoung said, shocked.

"I'm so scared, and I..", suddenly, Jisoo fainted and fell into his arms, he was shocked.

"Jisoo, Jisoo!!", he said as he shook her lightly, "Jisoo, wake up!!", he said, freaked out as he shook her again.

-

Jinyoung leaned against the wall of the hallway of the hospital, helplessly, he closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, he had called his in-laws and his own parents, and also Hyeri.

He was blaming himself for what happened, he felt like he failed her but at the same time he was angry, not at Jisoo but at Jungwon for what he almost did to her.

"Yoon Jisoo's guardian?", a doctor called out suddenly, he quickly looked up and responded.

"Yes?", he said.

"Alright, about Jisoo..", the doctor trailed, "She's stable now, what happened shocked her and she is experiencing trauma, she might have nightmares about what happened, and she'll get shakened but she'll be alright, for now I advice her not to be left alone, someone needs to always keep an eye on her, and avoid her from coming across things that might remind her about what happened.", the doctor explained.

"Trauma?", Jinyoung said rhetorically.

"Yes, trauma, it must have really took her by surprise, sorry for what happened, but believe me, she'll be alright.", the doctor assured him, Jinyoung just nodded and mumbled a thank you.

"Can I go see her now?", Jinyoung asked and the doctor nodded. Jinyoung went into the room and saw her lying on the bed, pale, he went over to her and his heart crushed, he let out a sigh.

The bruise on her cheek was getting more visible and he looked at her wrists that were red, probably from all the grabbing and dragging Jungwon did.

He sat down by the bed, and slowly held her hand. He can't help but blame himself for what happened, because he wasn't there to protect her.

-

"What are you going to do now? Are you going to report it?", Jackson asked, Jinyoung and him were in the waiting room at the hospital.

"I want to but I don't know, the police said it'll be hard to investigate without evidence.", Jinyoung said.

"What about Jisoo's condition? Isn't that evidence enough?", Jackson asked, puzzled.

"That's what I thought, but then again, there's really nothing we can do because in her case it was an attempt.", Jinyoung said, once again relieved that it didn't lead to anything worse.

"Unless if you report it as an assault.", Jackson suggested.

"Jisoo's awake.", Hyeri said suddenly, walking into the waiting room, Jinyoung looked up at her, "She's looking for you.", Hyeri smiled.

He went into the room and saw her sitting up on the bed.

"Jinyoung..", she said softly. Jinyoung went over to her and she hugged him tightly, he hugged her back of course.

"Are you feeling better?", Jinyoung asked once they pulled away, and she nodded slowly, "I'm glad you are, I was so worried.", he said as he gave her a sad smile.

"But...Jinyoung..I'm scared.", she said softly as she looked up at him. Jinyoung sighed and held her hand.

"I know, but I'll be here with you, it won't happen again.", he said as he caressed her cheek, and she hugged him again.

"You make me feel so safe.", she whispered, still hugging him, and Jinyoung just hugged her back, burying his face into her hair.

After a day, Jisoo was finally discharged, her family and also her in-laws did visit her. They were all shocked and concerned at what happened, especially her own family, and Jinyoung felt terrible that he had failed to protect her but he was relieved that it never led to anything even more serious.

-

"Found you.", Jungwon smirked, "We still have some unfinished business you know.", he said as he walked closer towards her.

"Leave me alone!!!", Jisoo screamed at him as he started cornering her.

Suddenly, Jisoo quickly shot up from her sleep, catching her breath, she was shaking and sweating, the sound of her quickened breath woke Jinyoung up, he sat up after he saw her awake.

"Are you okay?", Jinyoung asked, concerned, she turned to him, looking so vulnerable.

"I dreamt he came after me again, Jinyoung, I'm so scared.", she said as she felt a big lump in her throat, Jinyoung looked at her sadly, and pulled her into his embrace, he kissed the top of her head and rubbed her back gently.

"Shh, I'm here, it's okay.", he whispered.

They pulled away and he kissed her on the cheek, laying her back down on the bed, he lied facing her.

"Shh, I'm here, get some sleep.", he whispered as he lightly traced his fingers on her forehead until she fell asleep.

END OF CHAPTER