Chapter 20 : No Boundary

"Wow. You dare come all the way here.", a voice said, cutting Jungwon off, Jisoo's heart skipped, "Get the hell out of here.", Jinyoung spat.

"And if I don't?", Jungwon smirked.

"I'll make you.", Jinyoung threatened, "But then again, I don't have time to be getting into fights with people like you..", Jinyoung said, "so get the hell out of here and stay away from her.", he warned nodding his head towards the opposite direction, Jisoo just stood there, scared for what will happen next.

"I'll get her back.", Jungwon threatened.

"You can try but she's mine.", Jinyoung scoffed.

"That can change.", Jungwon smirked, he was trying to provoke him and somehow that seemed to work, Jinyoung was challenged, he was about to step closer towards the gate but Jisoo stopped him by holding his arm tightly.

"Jinyoung..please, don't..", she said softly, barely audible.

"Touch her and you'll die.", Jinyoung said through gritted teeth, he grabbed Jisoo's hand and pulled her inside the house. As Jinyoung pulled her inside the house, she couldn't help but think that she was done for.

"Were you going to keep that from me too?", he asked her once they were already inside, the tone in his voice made her shudder.

"I-i-"

"Just answer me. Were you Jisoo?", he cut her off, she slowly nodded. "How did he know you live here?", he asked.

"I don't know. I don't know okay, he keeps doing this to me, I keep telling him to back off, and-"

"I know. I believe you.", he said as he sighed, "Just...please tell me if he bothers you again or if you're ever in danger, that isn't too much to ask, is it?", he said as his voice softened, "You keep keeping things from me, stop doing that. I promised your parents I'd take care of you, let me keep my promise to them at least.", he said.

"Okay..I will, I'm sorry.", she said softly.

"Jisoo, I'm serious, I'm not just saying this, please.", he said.

"Okay, I will Jinyoung, I will.", she said, "I'm sorry.", she said.

"Thank you.", he said.

-

That night Jisoo was trying to sleep but couldn't, she was tossing and turning, Jinyoung wasn't asleep either, he was on his laptop, going through some emails, she sat up and leaned on the headboard and stared at him and at the stack of pillows that were in between them. She sighed.

"Jinyoung.", she called.

"Hm?", Jinyoung answered nonchalantly, he glanced at her and then continued looking at his screen, "I thought you were asleep.", he said.

"I can't sleep.", she said.

"Why not?", he said as he switched off his laptop and placed it on his bedside table.

"I don't know.", she sighed. They stayed quiet for awhile until Jisoo asked a question that surprised both herself and Jinyoung.