Chapter 37 : Regrets

Jisoo opened the door to her old apartment, and all the memories from her university days came back to her. She then went to her used to be room and lied down on the bed, exhausted.

"This will be a good place to be alone for awhile.", Jisoo sighed as she got up and turned on the air conditioner, she lied back down and a tear rolled down her cheek, she knew that she shouldn't be running away from her problems like this, but for once she just wanted to be alone, she was about to get prepared for bed until her stomach made sounds, signalling that she was hungry, and it hit her that whatever she was going to do for the next few months, she was doing it for two, her hand automatically went to her stomach.

"He doesn't even know about you yet.", she muttered.

Jisoo quickly went out to the nearest convenience store to get something to eat, not for her but for her baby.

Before heading to bed, she switched on her phone, and saw the multiple missed calls and texts, she looked at the time and saw that it was almost 1AM, she lied down on the bed, sighing.
She rolled over, and closed her eyes,
Hoping to fall asleep, but she couldn't sleep, not when she knows things aren't right between them, as much as she and Jinyoung have fought before, he never lets her go to sleep upset, things were always already alright between them by the time it was bedtime, apologies were always said and accepted, and no one goes to sleep feeling upset or angry.

Jinyoung on the other hand was at home, sitting down on the couch, angry at himself, angry at all the bitter things he had said to her, Jiyeon couldn't sleep that night too, seeing her own brother in a slump.

Jiyeon placed a cup of hot chocolate on the coffee table and looked at her brother sadly.

"Drink this..", Jiyeon trailed, Jinyoung just stayed quiet, Jiyeon sighed, "maybe she needs some time, she'll come back home when she's ready..", Jiyeon comforted.

"This is all my fault, if I hadn't said those things to her, she wouldn't have left, damn it, and now I can't even reach her.", Jinyoung sighed as he raked his hair back, Jiyeon just kept quiet, she didn't know what to say all she could say was, it's okay.

"Why are you here anyway? Did you fight with mum and dad?", Jinyoung asked.

"Yeah..", Jiyeon sighed.

"About your degree?", Jinyoung asked.

"Mhm, whatever, I don't want to talk about it.", Jiyeon said, "And stop worrying too much, Jisoo will come back when she's ready, and I hope you can settle things.", Jiyeon comforted as she stood up and headed upstairs to bed, Jinyoung sighed and leaned his head back as he dialed Jisoo again, he was worried sick about her. Jinyoung sent her a bunch of texts but she didn't read nor replied to them, he dialed her again and again but still no answer, he had drove around for 2 hours earlier looking for her, he passed by his in laws house and Sojin's house to see if Jisoo's car was there but she was nowhere to be found.

Suddenly, he received a text from Jisoo.

From : Jisoo
To : Jinyoung

Go to sleep Jinyoung, I'm fine, I just need time to think about us.

From : Jinyoung
To : Jisoo

Where are you? I'll come get you, and we'll talk it out, please Jisoo.

And there was no reply afterwards, he sighed at that, he was relieved that Jisoo had texted him but he was worried at the same time, not knowing where she was.