Chapter 26 : The First

"Do you believe me now?", he whispered, slightly breathless. Jisoo just bit on her lip still shocked and stunned by the kiss. "Or do you not? because I can show you again if you want.", Jinyoung said, leaning in again but Jisoo was snapped back to reality and quickly backed away from Jinyoung.

She blinked a few times and gulped before speaking, but she still couldn't get her words out.

"J-jinyoung..", she trailed, flustered.

"And these?", he said, holding up the photos in his hand, "Believe me, it's not what you think, yes, I went to see her that night, but only for the sake of protecting you.", he said as he crumpled the photos and dropped it nonchalantly to the floor, "Trust me, and Jisoo we have been over this so many times, you have to tell me what's going on, you can't keep keeping things to yourself. I need you to communicate with me.", he said softly, "Please..", he said softly, as he gently cupped her face with his hands.

She was weak at this point, she was still stunned by the kiss, and she hated the fact that she was, he kisses you once and you lose yourself, she thought to herself. Their eyes met and a feeling of tenderness swept through her.

"Fine.", she said softly, she pressed her lips together, she was still doubtful, "But you swear you don't have anything with her?", she blurt out suddenly, pointing her index finger at him, Jinyoung knew she was still full of doubts.

"I swear, I promise, none.", he said putting his hands up in surrender, Jisoo took a few deep breaths and looked at him.

"Fine. But it's going to take you some time to regain my trust back.", Jisoo said.

"Thank you, and I will, I promise this won't happen again.", he said as he pulled her into a hug, "Jisoo, we'll work this out, I promise, we will be alright.", he whispered in her ear. They pulled away seconds after that, he gazed at her and she bit her bottom lip.

She felt herself burning considering at how he was looking at her, she gulped.

"Jinyoung, I..have to go help aunt Hongju in the kitchen, you should wash up for dinner.", she said. She was flustered, and it was obvious, she was about to make her way towards the door until Jinyoung pulled her back gently and took both her hands into his.

"I love you.", he said as he gazed at her, she was caught off guard, she quickly looked up at him, speechless.

"Jinyoung..I-i-"

"It's okay, you don't have to say it back, at least not now.", he said giving her an assuring smile, she gave him back a tight smile.

"I'm sorry.", she said apologetically as she bit down on her lip, she wanted to say it back, but she just couldn't. Jinyoung was kind of expecting this reaction from her after he blurt out those 3 words to her, and he meant it, he wasn't expecting Jisoo to say it back right away, he knew those 3 words were dangerous to be used so lightly, he was actually relieved that she's taking her time to say it back rather than just lying to his face, but he does love her and he hopes she'll feel the same and deep down he knew she felt the same, considering how crazy upset she was, if not she wouldn't have cared. She just needs to take time to realise her feelings.

"It's okay.", he said giving a small smile, "Take your time.", he assured her.

"Thank you.", she said, she felt awkward and asked to be excused to help his aunt.

-

"YOU KISSED HER JUST LIKE THAT?!!", Jackson's eyes widened, Jinyoung was at the office with his bestfriend, talking in the meeting room.

"Yes, YOU TOLD ME TO MAKE A MOVE.", Jinyoung said.

"I mean, yes but I never knew you'd make such a HUGE move.", Jackson shrugged, "How did she react?", he added.

"She kissed back.", Jinyoung said smugly.

"Woah!! Are you serious?", Jackson exclaimed, suprise.

"Yes, of course I am. I was suprised too.", Jinyoung exclaimed.

"Good job.", Jackson said, bro-fisting his bestfriend, "So..did you get anything else after that?", Jackson smirked, and Jinyoung just chuckled.

"No, I didn't, just a kiss.", Jinyoung said, still chuckling.

"Really? Wow.", Jackson said, surprised.

"Yeah, but it felt nice.", Jinyoung said as he sighed in relief.

"Wait, what are you going to do about Taera though?", Jackson asked, Jinyoung's face changed at the mention of her name.

"I don't know, but she'll get it from me.", he said hollowly, "I just want—no, I need Jisoo to trust me.", he sighed.

-

Jisoo wanted to see Hyeri so bad, and tell her bestfriend everything, but Hyeri wasn't in Korea at the moment, she was sent to Turkey to find new furnishings for her client's interior.

Jisoo rested her head on the desk as she scrolled her through her emails, most of her work was already done, she even managed to seal a deal with one of the best airline companies in the world.

She scrolled through her laptop and opened her files, she came across a file, which was filled with photos from her wedding, she opened it and went through the photos, she smiled a little looking at the photos, there was a photo of her and Jinyoung looking at each other, smiling, she didn't remember smiling at him at all throughout the whole wedding, as she looked through the photos, her mind found its way back to the kiss they shared a few nights ago, she smiled to herself as she looked through the photos and thinking about the kiss.

I think I love you. She thought as she looked at the photos one by one.

Suddenly someone knocked on her door, she was snapped back to reality from her daydream, she recomposed herself and asked the person to come in.

"Ms.Yoon, you have a guest.", Soyou smiled.

"Who is it?", Jisoo said, "Send them in.", she said.

"Alright.", Soyou smiled.

Suddenly, Jinyoung came walking through the door, he closed the door behind him.

"Jinyoung what are you doing here?", she asked as she stood up from her chair, beaming.

"Someone's happy.", Jinyoung teased and Jisoo was baffled.

"I'm just surprised.", she said, biting the inside of cheeks to keep herself from smiling.

"I'm here to ask you out for lunch.", he smiled, "Shall we?", he said reaching his hand out for her.

"Lunch? Oh, I mean, sure.", she said as she grabbed her purse.

"What about this?", Jinyoung said, referring to his hand that was still reached out for her. She laughed a little, but she gladly put her hand in his, and he interwined their hands together, they walked out of her office hand in hand, she was enjoying this.

And by then she realised that Taera was never in the picture.

END OF CHAPTER

Hey guys!!! As promised ! 💖