Chapter 24 : He doesn't love you

Jisoo took half of the day off to pick up her niece from kindergarten, she missed Haejin, she used to pick Haejin up everyday from school.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up Jung Haejin, I'm her aunt.", Jisoo said to one of the teachers that was at the front door.

"Oh yes, her mum called earlier about this, I'll go get Haejin.", the teacher smiled.

A few minutes later, Haejin came running outside, crashing into Jisoo.

"Aunt Jisoo!!!", she said, jumping up and down excitedly while Jisoo laughed.

"Hi my little princess.", she laughed as she picked Haejin up into her arms, "Are you ready to go?", Jisoo asked as she removed some strands of hair from Haejin's face with one hand, and Haejin nodded excitedly, "Alright, say thank you to your teacher.", Jisoo smiled nodding towards her teacher who was still there.

"Thank you teacher.", Haejin said cheekily as she waved at her.

"Your welcome, sweetie, I'll see you next week, have a splendid weekend.", her teacher smiled and Jisoo walked towards the car with a happy Haejin in her arms.

Jisoo decided to take her out, Jisoo took her niece out for ice-cream and lunch at a mall, she missed spending time with Haejin.

"Haejin, look at you all messy.", Jisoo laughed as she took a napkin and wiped Haejin's mouth, they were having lunch together, Jisoo didn't eat since she wasn't hungry, she just watched her niece eat so cutely as she asked her how was school and stuff.

Not long after, Haejin was finally done eating.

"Aunt Jisoo, where are we going?", Haejin asked excitedly, bouncing a little as they walked out of the restaurant, hand in hand.

"Hmmm.", Jisoo said, looking down at her niece, "What do you wanna do?", Jisoo smiled as she stroked Haejin's head.

"Can we go eat Ice-cream?", Haejin asked, excitedly. Jisoo frowned at her.

"Again? Didn't we just eat ice-cream just now?", she said as she kneeled down to be the same height as Haejin, "Sweetheart, I would love to buy you ice-cream again, but it's not good for your teeth.", Jisoo said, cupping her face gently, she realised that Haejin looked so much like her sister. Haejin pouted at that, "But how about...since you've been such a good girl today, we get you some toys at the toy store.", Jisoo raised an eyebrow and Haejin's face lit up as she nodded excitedly, bouncing a little.

"You like the sound of that?", Jisoo laughed.

"Yes!!!", Haejin said cutely as she hugged her aunt and Jisoo was suprised and hugged her back and kissed her cheek, she stood up properly and adjusted herself, she walked hand in hand with her niece to the toy store, swinging their arms back and forth gently.

It seemed like she was walking with her own daughter. She enjoyed spending time like this with her niece.

After spending almost an hour at the toy store, choosing a toy, they were finally done, Haejin ended up choosing a mermaid doll. She was so happy and jumpy that it made Jisoo laugh, they walked out of the toy store hand in hand, one hand was holding Haejin's and the other holding her handbag and the paper bag containing Haejin's new toy. Suddenly, Haejin told her aunt that she was thirsty.