i

Sydney Michaels New York, New York

Sydney Michaels
New York, New York

Sitting at yet another wedding, I glanced around the church instead of focusing on the cheesy love fest that was going on in front of me. This is the 4th wedding I've been to this month and probably the 20th wedding that I've been to this year. I'm honestly sick of it. And I always get asked the same question, 'When are you going to get married?'

And I give them the same damn response, when I'm good and fucking ready.

My love life has been at a stand still for the past 4 years. The man that I thought was going to be my husband ended up wanting a husband himself. That's the beauty of living in Atlanta! After that humiliating situation, I decided to just take a looooong break and just focus on me and my career. And because that shit was so embarrassing I packed up and moved to New York. It was better for my career anyway. I'm a fashion consultant, my dream job. I love clothes. When shit was rough back home I'd just look at clothes and different styles just to ease my mind.

I honestly want to start my own clothing line but I don't have the funds for that. Well not yet, I'm next up for this huge promotion at work and that's going to double my damn salary and I'm super excited.

Finally looking down at the lucky couple I can't lie it did make me feel some type of way. I'm not completely giving up on Love I just think it's an inconvenience right now.

The crowd stood up and cheered as the newlyweds started there journey down the aisle to begin their happily ever after. Sighing, I watched the Bride smile so big. You can tell her happiness was genuine, she really married the love of her life. Funny thing is they weren't even together that long. Her husband said that he just knew once he approached her that she was the one.

Lucky bitch.

"That's gone be me one day!" My best friend Shanice said.

"Yeah whatever, do we gotta go to this reception?" I questioned as we made our way out the venue. They got married at some upscale hotel. What happened to following tradition? Nobody gets married in churches anymore?

Oh that's right, everybody watches a few videos on YouTube then they suddenly don't believe in religion or god and they'll jump down your throat if you do. But anyway.

"Yes we're going. I'm not giving up no free food." Shanice said as we walked up to a table they had set up for cocktail hour. "You hate weddings but yet you're always going to one. Why is that?"

I shrugged. "Gives me something do on the weekends I guess." I passed her a champagne glass off of the carrier a waiter had, then grabbed one for myself.