xxxviii

Omniscient

Omniscient

Shanice stormed the hallway of their hotel until she got to the room number that the front desk gave her for Sydney. As soon as she got to the door she started pounding on it like a mad man. The door quickly opened and she came face to face with her best friend.

"Why you banging on the damn door like that?!" Sydney yelled.

"What the fuck was that bullshit? You let your man check me. We're supposed to best friends, how could you do some shit like that to me?!"

Sydney eyebrows raised. "At least it's good to know somebody actually cares about how I fucking feel and has my back! You invited everybody that hates me to your wedding and you want me to just accept that. Fuck no! I get that it's your wedding day but that shit ain't cool. And I'm glad to know you ain't got no problem mingling with my enemies. You supposed to ride or die for your best friend, right?! But you don't so we most definitely don't need to be friends. You wasting your time coming to check me, you need to take yo ass over there to Trey and check him about getting my sister pregnant. Now get the fuck away from my door." Sydney walked back inside of the room, slamming the door. Leaving Shanice dumbfounded.

Tears filled her eyes as she made her way back to her room. When she got inside Trey sat on the bed with his head in his hands. She stood in front of him folding her arms.

Trey eventually looked up at her. The fact that he could lose the only girl he's ever truly loved due to one mistake he made when he was drunk. All of this was Chris's fault in his eyes.

"Shanice I'm sorry." He spoke up.

"So you really did sleep with her?"

"I was drunk, it was the mistake. Baby I didn't want you to find out this way."

"The baby is yours?"

"I don't know. I hope not...Shanice I love you so much baby. If I was sober that never would've happened. I know I fucked up but please don't end this. You're one of the best things that has happened to me. Don't let this one mistake ruin what we've built. I want to be your husband and I want you to be my wife. Please baby."

Shanice stared at him for a while then took a deep breath. "We need to find out if the baby is yours."

"Okay, we can do that." He nodded. "So does this mean that we're still getting married?"

Shanice played with the ring on her hand. Her mind was running a million miles per minute. She loved Trey more than anything but the fact that he cheated made her sick to her stomach. And the fact that it happened with her best friend or ex-best friends, (she wasn't sure at the moment), sister made things even worse.