viii

Christopher Brown Saturday Evening

Christopher Brown
Saturday Evening

I pulled up to the Marriott and waited to move up my car so that it could get valeted. I haven't talked to Sydney since that night at the roller rink. I really didn't expect to though. After I snapped at her that night she left.

My delivery was a little harsh but she pissed me off. The Tiana chick thought I was on some Bullshit and that I was trying to play her. I couldn't tell her that Sydney was paying me to pretend that I was her boyfriend but eventually she gave in and let me get her number.

The line finally moved and I climbed out of my car and the keys to the valet guy.

Heading inside, I stopped by a mirror and checked my clothes. Sydney said it was a formal dinner so I had on a black button down, black slacks and black shoes. She said her parents are lawyers and doctors so I tried to hide my tattoos as much as I could. Well the ones on my neck ain't getting covered unless I got on a turtle neck. Too hot for that shit.

Checking my watch, I was already 30 minutes late. I pulled my phone out to see which room she was in. Once I find the stuff she text me I headed there.

I could hear jazz playing lowly as I got to the double doors. I walked inside and looked around. Not too many young people here. The atmosphere was dry.

I started looking for Sydney. I thought I was in the wrong room for a second until I saw her standing by a table talking to some light skin dude.

Who the fuck is he?

Walking up to her I lightly smacked her ass then wrapped my arm around her shoulder while kissing her forehead. "Hey babe."

"Chris, you made it." She forced a smile. I know she probably wants to knock me out for smacking her ass. "Chris this is my younger brother Austin, but we call him AJ. AJ this is my boyfriend, Chris."

"Nice to finally meet you." AJ held his hand out.

I grabbed it and shook it. "Same here. She talks about you a lot."

"AJ will you excuse us." Sydney grabbed my hand and pulled me over to an area with not too many people. "Did you have to smack my ass?" She said through gritted teeth.

"I'm just trying to make it as real as I can."

"You don't have to smack my ass though. Especially not in a room full of a bunch of lawyers and doctors."

"You want your moneys worth or not?"

"Whatever."