xx

Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown

I scanned through my suitcase making sure that I had everything that I needed for this getaway. We had to leave early in the morning so my plan was to get in bed at a decent time. Sydney has been gone all day, packing I guess. I know the other night probably got her feeling some type of way and it's all my fault. The last thing I wanted was for her to be uncomfortable with me. 

Once I was satisfied with what I had in my suitcase, I sat it by the front door. I decided to hop in the shower, so making my way upstairs, I started pulling off my shirt. But as soon as I got halfway up there, my doorbell rung. 

Looking over my shoulder, I was confused because I wasn't expecting company and everybody I know, knows to let me know if they're on the way. 

Jogging back down the stairs, I went up to the door and looked through my peephole. 

Seeing who it was I kind of panicked. What the fuck is going on? I unlocked the door and pulled it open. 

"Hey Chris."

"London, what are you doing here?"

"I was in the neighborhood, thought I'd stop by." She basically forced herself into my house. This bitch almost got smacked. 

"But how did you know where I lived?"

"I know people. So is this like a vacation home for you? I mean if you and Sydney are together then you should permanently stay in New York right?"

"Right."

"Mhm....this is a nice place you have."

"Thanks."

I watched as she glanced around my place, then she looked back at me. "So what kind of lawyer are you again?"

Damn. Sydney done head my gone, I forgot most of the shit she said. I haven't had to really do any pretending because I'm really feeling her. 

"I dabble in a little bit of everything." I said confidently, thinking she would drop the subject. 

"A little bit of everything?"

"Yeah. I thought I mentioned what kind of lawyer I was when I first met you and I'm not sure why that even matters now. What you looking for a divorce lawyer? Sydney told me what she saw at the mall."

She laughed. "No, I don't need a divorce lawyer, I'm a lawyer, I can handle my own case."

"Well that's good. Now if you'll excuse me I have to finish getting ready for my trip with your sister."