xlvii

Sydney Michaels
A Few Days Later

Now that the fun is over I have to get back to work. Everybody flew back to Atlanta except for Chris's mom and stepdad which I think is good due to the way things almost went. Chris still needs to get to know Eric a little more and this is his opportunity.

Waddling off of the elevator, I headed to my place of business. And yes now I waddle! It seems like I just grew over night. But I'm so anxious to see my baby boy, I know he's going to be so handsome and so damn spoiled.

I still can't believe I'm going to be a mom.

Walking through the door, I greeted everyone. I could see Ev staring, something she does way too much for my liking. We don't speak unless it's work related. I really keep her at a distance now that I'm pregnant. She's not going to stress me out with this bullshit about her brother. I went into my office and shut the door. As soon as I sat down and logged to my computer, seeing the hundreds of messages I had, I immediately wanted to go home.

I took a few days off, knowing that I shouldn't have due to all the events that were coming up. Doesn't look like I'll be getting of at my regular time tonight.

After staring at the screen for at least 10 Minutes, I finally started working.

After the 10th email I was over it. I just wanted to go home and be spoiled by mama j and lay up under Chris. He wasn't even there, he had to do a few things at his warehouse before his new shipments were sent out.

I really need to find me someone to run things for me while I'm out. I thought that could be Ev but she proved otherwise. Guess I'll look at my other stylists.

-£-

Once I got half of these emails answered, I decided to go out and grab me something to eat. I tried to call Chris to see if he wanted to meet up for lunch but he didn't answer. I headed to the grove and decided to get me some take out from the Cheesecake Factory. After I got my food, I just went and did a little shopping in Nordstrom's.

Glancing around the baby section, I grabbed all the cutest things I seen. Which wasn't much because they're baby section is tiny. After that I made my way to the women's section. My moms birthday is coming up so I might as well get her gift out the way.

I was minding my business, looking through the blouses when someone called my name.

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked over my shoulders, then my eyes finally landed on a chick who looked familiar but I couldn't put a name to her face.

"You don't remember me?" She asked.

"No, I don't."

"It's Ariel."

"Ariel?"

"Chris's ex fiancé, we met once in the Louis Vuitton store."

"Okaaaay?" Why is she talking to me?

"I just wanted to say hello. Me and you got off on the wrong foot that day. I'm sorry."

"Mmhm."

"So Chris tells me you're having a little boy? I know you're excited, he is. He lit up like a Christmas tree when he told me the other day. It was the cutest thing ever."