liii

Sydney Michaels
A Few Days Later

I sat on the end of my bed at 6:30 in the morning watching Chris go in and out of my closet, throwing my clothes into a suitcase. I'm so confused as to why this going on and I'm heated that this fool has me up this early in the morning.

Especially since last night I didn't go to bed until 3 due to these horrific contractions.

He came out the closet again with a dress, shoes and underwear. "Here baby, go get dressed."

"What? Why? I wanna go back to sleep."

"You will, just go freshen up and put this on."

Groaning, I stood up and walked into the bathroom. Grabbing my toothbrush, I went to search for the toothpaste but my eyes got heavy.

"Baby!" Chris yelled.

"Huh? What?"

"You falling asleep at the sink." He laughed.

"It's 6:30 in the morning Chris and you have me up for an unknown reason. Your child had me up all night trying to make his way out of my vagina. I wanna go to sleeeeep." I whined.

"You were having contractions."

"Yes and they hurt so damn bad."

"Why didn't call me if you were in so much pain?"

"Because I know it's probably nothing serious he's just getting ready for his big day."

"Still, I would've came and rubbed that belly, and helped you get comfortable." His hand moved around my stomach making the baby kick the shit out of me.

"Okay you're done touching me, he's going crazy now." I pushed his hand away.

"Naw he wanna play with his pops."
Chris bent down to my stomach. "Wassup man, you ready to see Daddy."

"You guys can play later, these kicks don't feel good."

The baby kicked again making us both laugh. That was the cutest thing ever.

"Babe can you wash me up?" I pouted.

"Can't."

"Why?"

"Seeing you naked is one of my weaknesses, that leads to sex and me acting crazy. This why I suggested you moving out, I have to go 90 days without my weaknesses."

I wanted to be upset but I'm too proud of the way he's working so hard to change, well not change but become better. "Well let me get in the shower, I'll be out in a second."

He kissed my forehead then left out.

After getting dressed, I went back into the room. Chris wasn't up here so I went to find out where he was. Walking to the front of my condo, he was carrying my bag outside. I followed behind him and furrowed my eyebrows at the Escalade in front of me. "When did you get a new truck?" I asked.

"Yesterday. We need a family car."

"Nice."