xxxvii

Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown

Opening the door to my hotel room, I tossed the key on the table then headed back to the bedroom. Sydney was knocked out which shocked me because I thought she was with Shanice. I couldn't wait to tell her that her damn sister was here. Climbing on top of her I kissed her face until her eyes opened.

She looked up at me. "Hey."

"Wassup." I got off of her and took off my shoes and shirt. "I thought you was going to be with Shanice the rest of the day."

Rolling her eyes, she sat up. "No."

"Oh boy, what happened?"

"She's nuts that's what happened. Would it be wrong if I just left and went back to California?"

"Sydney, you always running away when shit goes wrong."

"I'm not running away."

"Talking about going home is what then?"

She shrugged. "Just a suggestion."

I shook my head and climbed in bed, lying my head on her lap. I'm still tired from last night too. I'd rather be locked up in this room with her then deal with the bullshit that going on out there.

"So you know Mariah is coming?" Sydney asked.

I looked up at her. "You fucking with me right?"

She shook her head no. "I wish I was. Mariah is coming, my mom and London just checked in."

"I saw London earlier, so that's why you wanna leave?"

"I want my best friend to enjoy her big day and I know somebody is going to try me."

"Now I can't understand why she would invite Mariah dumb ass and London. But Syd, it's really time to bury the hatchet with your mom."

The way she looked at me, I knew I shouldn't have said that. "My mom really made that whole situation at their anniversary dinner my fault. Everything that happens with London, she makes my fault! I'm sick of it. I'm not mad at her I'd just rather not deal with her."

"At least be cordial with her. That is your mom man."

"I can be cordial but the relationship is done."

I sighed. I'm huge one people having relationships with your parents, especially your mom. My mom is like the best part of me, without her I'm nothing. Hearing Sydney not even wanting to deal with Carla breaks my heart.