xv

Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown

Damn I slept like a baby last night. I never wanted to get out of bed but I had to. Walking out of Sydney's room, I ran right into Michael.

"Really?" He asked.

"What?"

"You shouldn't be coming out of her room. The fuck is you doing?"

"Michael like it or not, Sydney is mine. She not feeling you the way you feeling her. Stop while you ahead before you end up making a fool of yourself."

"You supposed to be my bro but you pushing up on my girl. That shit ain't cool."

"I am yo bro, and as your bro, you should know the truth. Sydney sees you as a friend. I'm trying to stop you before you get ahead of yourself. That's my girl."

"Whatever, I know you better than anybody and you can never let somebody be great, you only think about yourself."

I took a deep breath. "I'm just trying to help you out but alright. Shoot yo shot my nigga." I bumped past him and headed downstairs.

As soon as I got in my room Mariah I started talking shit.

"So where did you sleep?" She asked.

"Not in here."

"Obviously smart ass. Were you in Sydney's room?"

I exhaled, she still doing know her place. "It don't matter."

"It does! I'm not about to sit around here and look like a fool. I thought you liked me. It's a reason why you brought me instead of anybody else."

"I was just trying to be a nice person and invite you on this trip. I like you as a friend but that's about it."

"I never would've guessed that you were such an asshole. What does she have that I don't? Back home you led me on, had me thinking you were real we're feeling me.

"Mariah I never gave you that feeling. Me asking you to come here was the first time we've talked since I went to your high school reunion with you."

"I should just leave. I should've figured after that little comment she made on the plane that y'all were really fucking and you only brought me here is to make her jealous. You noticed it wasn't working so the only thing left to do is kiss her ass."

"If you wanna go you can, I'm not stopping you."

"Or maybe I should stay and get in Sydney's pretty little head. Have her thinking you're just toying with her feelings."