xvii

Sydney MichaelsTwo Days Later

Sydney Michaels
Two Days Later

My uber pulled up in front of my parents house. I decided to drop them off a present for their anniversary since I was headed back to New York tomorrow. I just could not stay in Atlanta. My first night back, I laid in bed and cried all damn day. Shanice and Chris blew up my phone but I just couldn't talk. I knew they were just trying to see if I'm alright. The answer to that is no and it is always going to be no.

This situation has ruined so much. I don't want a man to touch me, my nerves are so bad I barely want anyone around me.

Especially a man.

Climbing out the car, I walked up to the door and rung the bell. It was soon opened by my brother.

"Wassup Syd." He pulled me into a hug. My body tensed up. I tried my hardest to relax but couldn't. This my fucking little brother and I don't want him to touch me. "You okay?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah. Where's mom and dad?"

"In the backyard."

"Okay." I walked inside and headed to the back."

"How was Miami?" AJ asked.

"Straight, could've been better."

"You should've took me. We would've had a blast."

Maybe having my brother with me would've stopped me from being violated.

"Sydney! What are you doing home so soon? I thought you didn't come back until tomorrow?" My mom said, walking up to me and giving me a hug. She tried to pull away but I just held on to her tighter. I felt my eyes started to burn so I pushed my glasses down.

"I ended my trip early. I got a little sick."

"Oh ok, well the food just got off the grill and I made Bahama Mama's. Come sit down."

"Actually, I just came to drop off a gift for you and dad. I'm heading back to New York in the morning, so I won't be able to make it to your anniversary dinner." I said.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I really want to be there though."

"Why do you have to leave?" Austin asked.

"Work." I lied. "There have been a bunch of requests for me and I can't really miss out on anymore money."