lvi

Christopher Brown

Ace Elijah Brown, my baby boy is finally here. Sydney had to have an emergency c-section because her placenta detached. We got her to the hospital just in time.

He was born yesterday at 8:52pm 7lbs 5oz, 16in. He's perfect.

I sat in the hospital bed as the baby laid on my bare chest and Sydney got some sleep. I can't believe he's here.

Man he has my ears. His pink skin was so wrinkly but soft. He got those long fingers and toes like me too. I can't believe we created this perfect angel.

I kept running my hands over his silky black hair. This felt like a dream.

You really don't know real love until you have a child.

The whole way to the hospital, Sydney panicked. She thought the baby wasn't going to make it but I just prayed. I knew he was going to pull through. We didn't come this far just to leave with nothing. The nurses told me that I got her here just in time.

Since they had to move so quick I couldn't be in the operating room with her but the minute they rolled my son out to me I just cried because I know things could've went differently.

I'm just thankful that they're both here.

Ace started to stir in his sleep, I knew that meant he was hungry. Sydney tried to breast feed but he wouldn't latch, so pumping it is. I don't trust formula shit isn't the same like when I was a baby.

"Alright little man lets make you a bottle." I said while getting up.

"Do you want me to hold him?" Syd said. I didn't even know she was up.

"I got him baby."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, you just relax." I looked at her and winked and she smiled.

"I'm a lucky girl, these last two days have been nothing but amazing baby. All thanks to you."

"My job is to make you happy and knowing that I'm doing my job well makes me happy." After making his bottle, I went and sat next to her. "Did you enjoy your nap?" I kissed her lips.

"I did, thank you."

"Good."

"So how long do you want to stay in Atlanta now that he's born. I have to get back to work and I'm sure you do too."

"I'm not in a rush, I'm not worried about work, it'll be there when I get back. If anybody has any questions they know how to contact me."

"But what about me? Ev is helping me out but I know soon she's going to get tired and plus I'm not paying her enough to run my business."

"Sydney you have your work computer with you. I know you can make schedules and answer emails and whatever else you do while we're here."

"I know I can Chris but-."

"But what? Sydney we just had a kid and you ready to rush back to work."