lix

Christopher Brown
Two Months Later

We're back in LA and I miss the hell out of Atlanta. Our time there was good, there was no drama once I cut off the negative people, we really had a good time. But Sydney is ready to get back to work and the planner she wants for our wedding is in LA.

Anyway, me and Ace were chilling in the living room watching TV, while dinner cooked. I felt like a housewife today. Syd and I decided to rotate days. She'll go to work Tuesday, Thursday and every other Saturday and I'll watch the baby and then I work the other days. That's the beauty of owning your own business.

I don't trust daycares and neither does Sydney. Nobody can watch my kid but his grandparents and his aunt.

The front door and a tired Sydney walked in later than usual. She tossed her purse on the hook then kicked off her shoes. Scratching her head she headed to the stairs, not even bothering to look at us.

"Let's go see what's up with mommy." Climbing off the couch, I headed upstairs. "Baby." I called walking into the room.

"What?" Her voice came from the closet.

"You okay?"

"Yeah." She responded, full of attitude.

"You sure?"

"I said yes, can you give me some space while I change?"

My eyebrows quickly furrowed. I wanted to cuss her out but I'm not about to add fuel to the fire. So me and Ace headed back downstairs. I put him in his swing then went and checked on the food.

The shit smelled good as hell. I made smothered steaks, rice and corn. Yeah, ya boy gets down in the kitchen. Well Sydney taught me a lot cause I ain't used to cook no shit like this.

Soon Sydney came walking into the kitchen, I bent over trying to get the food out the oven but I made a mistake and bumped her so she pushed me. I caught my balance but quickly grabbed her.

"Yo What the fuck is your problem?!" I yelled.

"Watch what the Fuck you doing?"

"You almost made me burn myself. I obviously didn't see you if my face is in the fucking stove."

She snatched away and tried to walk out the kitchen but I grabbed her again.

"Tell me what's wrong with you." I said.

"Nothing Chris, I shouldn't have pushed you. Sorry."

"It's something wrong and you gone tell me, what is it?"

Her eyes filled with tears as she looked up at me and I instantly got nervous. "Something is not right with me. I just feel so fucking depressed. At work I just felt so dumb like I couldn't do anything because I forgot or something. I became frustrated easily, I literally snapped on everybody and cried when no one was looking. I missed my son every second." She took a deep breath. "I can't do this."

"And you don't have to."

"Who's going to run my business? You should've seen all the shit that was done wrong. The office was a mess, it was a catastrophe. I can't have something so important to me be treated like it's a bunch of nothing."