lxii

Sydney Michaels

Sydney Michaels

"You wasn't lying when you said the middle of nowhere." Chris said as we pulled up to our home away from home for the next week.

"This place is beautiful! I've always wanted to take a vacation to a cabin. When you think of getting away, you think of sandy beaches, tiki bars, a lot of people. But when you live in California or New York, that's not a vacation because you see that everyday. To me, being secluded, chilling by a fire, sipping cocoa, that's a vacation. Somewhere where you can't talk on the phone so you have to talk to each other."

"Wait you said can't talk on the phone? Ain't no reception?!"

"There's WiFi but we came here to talk to each other so we shouldn't be worried about our phones, only when we're checking on Ace, right?"

"Right."

"So give me yours."

"Huh, why?!"

"There's a phone inside, we don't need ours."

"So we can't take pictures? I see a jacuzzi and ain't nobody around. I planned on recording me clapping them cheeks while we in there."

"Well you can get your phone when that time comes. As of now we're not worried about that."

Groaning, Chris pulled his phone out of his pocket. I put both of our phones inside a bag that had a lock on it then put it in the arm rest.

After that, we climbed out the truck and Chris grabbed our bags. I unlocked the door and walked inside, falling in love even more. It was huge and the air was so clean.

I felt all the stress leaving my body already. This is exactly what we needed, I'm glad this is what I came up with.

Chris finally came inside. "This is nice."

"Yes, I'm in love."

"How about we get settled in, after that I'll light the bonfire and we can go back there and chill."

"Cool with me."

He kissed my forehead, before disappearing up the stairs. I decided to go look around some more.

Buying one of these houses is definitely on my bucket list.

After checking everything out, I went and changed into something more comfy and fit for the weather. I didn't realize how much colder it was up here, good thing I packed accordingly.