xli

Sydney Michaels A Few Days Later

Sydney Michaels
A Few Days Later

Sitting at my desk I twirled the engagement ring around my finger. So many things rushing through my mind, mainly was I setting myself up for failure. It's been a few days since I've been home and I haven't heard from Chris. I don't know if he's still in the DR or if he's in New York.

Who does that to someone that they claim, they want to marry? Am I settling for anything just to say I have something? What am I getting myself into?

Sighing I took the ring off and placed it in my purse. Getting up from my desk I went and grabbed everyone's schedule for the week. I'm so happy to be back here, this place keeps me going. There's never a hectic moment, no drama, everybody gets along, all of my employees are dope! I'm real lucky.

So many people told me that owning my own business would make me lose my damn mind. I mean we have moments but nothing has ever gotten to a point where I can't handle it.

Once everything was passed out, I headed back to my office, on the way there I heard someone calling my name. Turning around it was Ev.

Well I guess I do have problems around here.

"Can we talk?" She asked finally approaching me.

I gestured toward my office, while giving her a fake smile. "How May I help you?" I asked while closing the door then sitting down.

"How was your trip?"

"Fine." I pulled my ring out and slid it back on my finger.

"That's good, I know Punta Cana is extremely beautiful."

"It was." I pray she's getting the vibe that I didn't want to talk to her. I really thought we would be cool, but you can't mix business with pleasure. People tend to get besides themselves.

"Well I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Did you go alone or did you go with someone?"

Here we go over stepping our boundaries. Lifting my left hand I tucked it under my chin, giving her the answer she was looking for.

"Woooow, Wow. You got engaged?!"

"I did."

"I guess you and Chris were really serious."

"Yeah." A fake smile appeared on my face. The fact that I have to fake being excited about getting married should be a damn sign that this is something I shouldn't do. Like I said before we still need to get to know each other.