Chapter 36

We got back to the hotel and walked in. Everyone was waiting in the lobby.

--"What's going on?" Matt asked.

--"There you guys are!! Hey guys, Nat and Matt are finally back!!" Mahogany shouted.

--"Oh hey! We have been waiting for you guys, were all going to the beach. Where's Kayla?" Jack Gilinsky asked.

--"She's not here with you guys?" I asked.

--"Nope. You guys were taking awhile so she went to go get you guys..." he replied.

That wasn't true. Kayla wouldn't just leave everyone to go get us. Especially alone. I know her. Something's up.

I grabbed Matts wrist and pulled him aside. I yelled over to Hayes and he came rushing over.

--"Did Kayla tell you anything before she left?" I asked Hayes.

--"She told me something about her brother I think. She didn't say much. She was in a rush and left on her penny board. I asked her if she wanted to come to the beach but all she said was that she needed to be alone and not tell anyone. But I'm telling you guys because I know your going to help her,"

Oh my gosh.

I knew what this was about. I was able to tell as soon as he mentioned her brother. Kayla's brother has Type 2

Diabetes. He has a lot of seizures and he has gone into a coma once. He spends like 65% of his life in hospitals. When her brother was first diagnosed with diabetes Kayla wasn't at her strongest point. She spent a lot of time with her brother.

I have known her brother, Danny, 4 years before he was even diagnosed. He's so sweet and polite and like the brother I have always wanted. I would be devastated if something happened to him.

--"Matt can we drive around town looking for Kayla?" I asked.

--"Defiantly,"

--"Can I come along?" Hayes asked.

--"I would love it if you came, but I'm not sure of Kayla would feel comfortable,"

--"Okay. I understand. I'll stay behind so I can see her when you guys get back,"

-------

Matthew and I hopped into the car and started to drive around town. I texted Kayla saying, "Heyy" and I just waited for a response.

--"Why do think she left us like that?" Matt asked.

I told him about her brother and Matthew was so sweet about it. He really cares, it's so cute.

--"We're never gonna find her! We're just going to have to wait until she comes back on her own," Matt said.

I agreed until I knew how to find her! I have the app "Find My iPhone," on my phone. I just had to connect it to Kayla's phone and I could easily locate her! I told Matt the idea and in the matter of seconds I knew where she was. She was on Willow Lane in front of an ice cream shop. We parked in front of it and I jumped out of the car. Kayla was sitting on a bench with a frown on her face. Matthew stayed in the car and I ran up to her.

--"How'd you find me?" Kayla asked.

--"Find My iPhone," I muttered.

--"He's in another diabetic coma," she blurted out.

--"Oh, Kay! I'm so sorry. If you need absolutely anything me and the guys are here for you,"

--"You told all the guys, Natalie?!?"

--"No, just Matt,"

--"Oh, okay... I think I wanna go home," she said.

--"Kayla, don't leave, we're having such a great time. Being back home will only make you more depressed about your brother. We'll take your mind off of it here,"

--"But I have to be with him!! You don't understand!" A tear rolled down her cheek.

--"Kayla, sshh. Calm down," I said rubbing her back trying to comfort her.

--"I don't know what to do!" she yelped.

--"Let's just go back to the hotel and relax. He's gonna be okay, I promise,"

She got up off the bench and got into the car.

--"You okay, kayla? If you need anything, I'm always here," Matt told her.

--"Thanks Matt. I appreciate it,"

Author's Note; hey bæ! hope you enjoyed this chapter!! I thought it was pretty interesting, wbu? not updating again until Sunday so stay tuned. Durning that time spand, check out my other fan fiction. It's called; Overwhelming Love, if your a Nash girl I can guarantee that you will like that fan fiction! love you guyss!

xoxo

~Natalie~