Chapter 43

**Natalie's POV**

It was the day of prom and I was taken out of school early to get ready. I had a nail appointment, a hair appointment, and I needed to pick up my dress from the dry cleaners.

Kayla and I went together to the nail salon and we both had a French manicure. I got my hair done in long loose curls with a silver gem clip pulling the front of my hair back. I split up with Kayla to get my dress, and then we were going to meet up at her house to take pictures.

Since the breakup was so sudden I never got a date to the dance. Everyone thought Matt was going to bring me.

I slipped on my royal blue dress with a silver jeweled torso. I added my diamond heels and the dress flowed over them nicely.

My mom drove me to Kayla's and she took some photos. Kayla's dress was a gorgeous lavender with a diamond waistband. She had her hair straightened with a waterfall braid and the strains falling from the braid were curled.

***Listen to the song Peace by O.A.R. from this point on***

We hopped in the car and Kayla's mom drove us to the prom and dropped us off. As we walked inside someone grabbed my shoulders, I turned around and it was Matthew in a suit and tie. What the hell was he doing her? He pulled me outside and sat me down on the bench.

--"You look absolutely stunning,"

--"Thanks, Matt, but what are you doing here?"

He pulled a piece of paper out of his coat pocket.

--"Natalie, my last few days have been so horrible without you. You haven't been answering my calls and barely any of my texts. I miss you. I miss being able to call you mine. I miss seeing your smile everyday. I miss our cute texts'. I miss everything we had. I know I made a mistake, but I have learned from it. I know never to make that mistake again because I know I will lose something as amazing a you. I love you, Natalie," he read off the piece of paper.

I teared up a bit and gave him a hug. When I finally thought I made up my mind he had to come back. I don't know what think anymore. I feel bad for him but I can't take him back.

--"So are together again?" He asked me.

--"I'm gonna have to take the night to think about it. But in the mean time.. I'd like to dance with my best friend," I told him. His face lit up immediately.

He got up and placed his hand in front of me. I placed my hand on his. It felt right. I don't know why I ever broke up with him. He's amazing, sweet, generous, and just absolutely adorable. Anyone would have to be a fool to let go of him. I might take him back. I don't really know.

We met up with Kayla and Hayes, and apparently they were in on this. We were laughing and catching up on our lives when a slow song came on.

--"May I dance with you, beautiful?"

--"Of course," I said, lacing my hand with his.

We walked to the dance floor hand in hand. I put my arms around his neck and he placed his around my waist. We got close together and I placed my head against his tough chest. I closed my eyes and followed his footsteps.

--"Natalie, if there is anything I can possibly do for you to forgive me, I'll do it. You mean the world to me, please," He whispered to me. I took a deep breath and started to gather my thoughts. My mind was still unsure.

--"Anything?" He asked again in doubt.

I stood up on the tips of my toes. I put one hand on the back of his neck and placed the other higher up on his head. I pulled him in close to me and our lips softly smashed together. I felt a strong smile through this kiss. I really think I love him.

Author's Note; hey bæ! how'd you like the chapter??? I thought it was romantic! I loveeee this song btw & I thought it went great with this chapter. Will Natalie finally choose Matthew, or does she play it safe than sorry? Not updating until Thursdayy. I'm getting out of school Wensdayyy!! Can't wait for this year to be overr! love you all sm! Stay perfect.

xoxo

Nataliee::)