15. When he cared

He was the one that healed her...
The one that made her scares look beautiful...

-The Golden Girl
***********************************

"You lost her, forever." His eyes didn't reflect anything, he was blank, dark. No one knew about the anger bubbling underneath. No one knew that he just wanted to grab Kyle's throat and choke him. That he wanted to beat the hell out of him.

How can Faye even like this guy, a guy who do not even respect her? Faye can have any guy in the world, and she wanted this dimwit.

His mind revolved around these words and he stormed out of the cafeteria followed by Aubree, Zach and Max.

"We are just going to the coach, gonna catch up with you both, later yah?" And mumbling that, Zach along with Max vanished in the swarm of teenagers, leaving Aubree and River alone.

Everyone was aware of the stiffening surrounding in the cafeteria and they knew that it was not a good time to talk about it. Somewhere they didn't know where to start.

"Ah... you are okay, right?" It was Aubree. She placed her hand in River's shoulder which made him turn around and look at her.

"I am okay. I... I just do not understand... Everyone knows how much... how much Faye likes Kyle. It... it is just written all over her face. Even a blind can tell how much she loves him. Then how can Kyle be such a... such a fool? He is just so unaware of things that are going around him." He said as both of them walked together.

"I know... he... he will have to be really vague to not know about it. Or maybe he does... maybe he does know that Faye loves him. Maybe he just do not care." "Not only that. Let's just not forget that now since Stacey Sky is here, things are going to be worse. I... I don't understand, why always does the worst happen to her? To such an angel like her. She never did bad to anyone. But still, her whole world is shattered." Aubree said, a sigh escaping from her lips.

"Kyle don't deserve her." That was the only thing that escaped from his mouth from time to time and somewhere Aubree happily agreed to it.

They were walking through the hallway to their lockers, when Aubree suddenly said, "I wanted to tell Faye everything, but... but looks like, my problems are going to make her situation worse."

"You are right. Maybe, you should wait for the right moment. Maybe when everyone cools down a little bit?" He nodded, leaning against the lockers as Aubree picked out the books.

"Yah, and this is new for me, it's different. I want to be ready when I face her."

"Speaking about that, how are you and Rihanna doing? I mean, is she ready to you know..." River trailed.

"Like I said, I am still figuring this out. But yah, she has been supportive, like really really supportive."

"Try not to keep Faye and Mads in dark for a long time. You know how it is, right? I mean, they are your friends, they will accept and love you just the way you are. They are always gonna support you." He said, a small smile appearing in his features.

"I know, River. But it's... you know it's hard, don't you? And maybe without you I might have never been able to figure out this things. Again, you don't know how much I am thankful for such a friend like you. Thanks for going through each and everything for me. Thanks for fighting with Faye. Thanks for just... I don't know, for keeping the façade." She said, honestly.