41. Crimson fireworks

"He was christmas morning,
crimson fireworks,
and birthday wishes."

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

************************************

"Already falling for me sunshine." A deep chuckle left from his throat and Faye felt her mouth going dry.

Heat made its way to her cheeks and she was pretty sure that she was getting red. Gulping, she opened her eyes, just to see him looking at her with his warm brown eyes. Her eyes traced his features. They were close, so close that Faye was able to witness his freckles on both side of his cheeks. She noticed that it made him look more beautiful, more edgy.

The smell of cinnamon and mint tickled her nostrils and she could not help but take the smell in. He smelt earthy, he smelt real.

She felt his warmness radiate around her and she breathed out, her hands tightly wrapped around his back.

A small smile was caressing his lips, a kind of playfulness visible in his eyes. His orbs wandered through her face and he, himself let out a shaky breath.

She was beautiful, he concluded.

Too perfect for him, too beautiful.

"You dumbasses, put me down." Faye's voice echoed in his head and a smirk appeared in his face, the smile long gone.

"Are you sure you want me to let go?" His voice was deep and raspy, a voice that made Faye gulp. She tried to let go of the dizziness that she was feeling when he said those words, too closed to her ears. She tried to forget about the butterflies that her stomach was feeling, fuck butterflies, there was a whole zoo in her stomach.

"Let go." She shrieked, trying hard to get away from him.

He shrugged before letting go off her and next you know, she fell on the ground, straight on her butt.

"What the fuck?!" She hissed in pain, rubbing her back, a glare fresh visible on her face.

"What? It is not my fault. You were the one who wanted me to drop you." He smiled playfully, his hands up in surrender.

"You are impossible, you know that?!  You could have just placed me gently, buttface." Her glare burned holes in his head and he had to compose himself from bursting out.

"Well, you could have asked me to do so." He shrugged, biting his lips together.

"Oh, there you go, now you are laughing. You, dumbass, you are the one because of whom I fell in the first place." And when he saw her red face, he bursted out laughing, almost falling on the ground.

"Go on, go on, laugh as much as you want." She threw her hands in the air, before turning around.

"Okay, fine, fine, am sorry. What can I do for you to forgive me, Ms. Lockwood?" His laughs turned into chuckles and he grabbed her hand before she could walk away, sending chills to both of their bodies.

"River, none can do. Let go off my hand." Her voice was hard and he knew he hit the spot. Sighing, he pulled out his phone and finding the right button, he hit the play one.

A beautiful melody surrounded the park and a small smile creeped out on his face.

"You do know that this is not going to make me forgive you, right?" Faye said, turning around with a soft glare on her face.

"Who said you have to forgive me? I just want you to smile the way you were when you saw all the fairy lights." He said, smiling.

Faye break into a big grin as soon as he said those words, chuckling.