50. He owns the field but she owns his heart

Somebody who betters you.
Somebody who encourages and inspires you in life, who pushes you towards the dreams and goals you'd otherwise ignore,
Who selflessly sacrifices their time in helping you to become more courageous. That's sacred. You hold onto a love like that.

–The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

************************************

And the day arrived.

The day when the whole stadium was screaming the names, names of their favorite team, favorite player with banners in their hands, adrenaline rushing through them.

Everyone had a certain excitement, their eyes on the field as the principal of Lakeview preparatory gave a long speech on sportsmanship.

And for the first time, that boring, useless lecture did not make them loose their shit. They were too excited for the match to care.

"I still can't believe I am here. This has never been my scene guys." Isabella giggled as she took a place halfway up the stand, witnessing a perfect view of the green field.

She was wearing Zach's jersey, a proud smile on her face.

"Oh trust me, Bella, you're gonna love it." Max smirked and then started telling her about the players and the positions they are in.

Aubree took a place next to them and tapped on Max's shoulder, boxes of popcorn and different snacks on her hands. Her lap was full of food and she was struggling to keep them up from falling.

"Guys, help me with these. Give me a hand." And both of them helped Aubree, taking the items from her hands.

"Where is Faye?" Max asked once they were settled.

"Oh, there is still an hour or two left for the game to start, so, she went to meet Madeline and the football team. Did not get to see them in school after all, she had been busy all morning." Aubree said before turning to Isabella, "By the way, that jersey really suits you Bella." She added with a wink, making the girl blush furiously.

And on the other side of the hallway, stood Faye, walking towards the boys changing room.

"Yo Faye, what's up?" She was greeted by a big, bulky guy who stood in the front of the gym door, a big smile on his face.

"Hello to you to Ben." She grinned, doing a weird handshake with him, you know that one which involves all fists and spit?

Okay maybe not spit, but you get it, right?

"You want to go inside?" Ben asked, raising a brow.

"Yup, need to meet my friends. Anyways, how are you holding? The game is just hours away. All good?" She asked, making him chuckle.

"Yah, I am alright. Its River,you should be worried about." He shrugged.

"Why? What happened to him?" Faye asked, suddenly a worried look on her face.

"The pressure is getting into him. Everyone is relying Faye and he's having problems in pulling his shit together." Faye nodded at that, letting out a sigh.