33. River (Part II)

"There is a boy,
Who lost his way in a sea of drugs, depression and physical abuse..."

"There is a girl,
Who lost her way in a sea of fake smile, sacred skin and smudged mascara"

"They fit together like two pieces of a broken heart."

-The Golden Girl
(I do not own this content)
***********************************

"I left him alone to deal with it. I left him all alone." Faye continued, gulping, "Your brother and I used to be best friends. Like we were that duet that no one could break. Even if we had other friends, we used to spend all our time around each other. When he went all depressed and shit, he started to push me away too. I was not someone to give up, so, I fought with him, for him, I started going to his house everyday when all that started, no matter whether he was there or not, I always used to be there, waiting for him to come back. He used to get annoyed because of it but somewhere, I knew that I could not leave him alone, I could not lose him..." She let out a heavy breath and looked at Annalise, who was looking at her with concern and worry.

"You are okay, right?" She heard her asking as she gave her shoulder a squeeze.

Faye nodded, "So, like I said, I was always there but then, I just stopped, I stopped going to him, I stopped trying. Not just because he pushed me every time, but because by then, I had my own problems. Sumner was fighting with leukemia and there was no one to take care of her. My parents were always busy expanding their business, always away and she was everything that I had. So, I stopped. I started to spend my days with her, taking care of her. The doctor said that it was a hopeless case, that she could not be saved."

"Mom told me about it. Faye, I am really sorry for your loss." Annalise gasped, wrapping her hand around hers.

"Don't be, it is not your fault... Anyways,  so, I spent the next two months fulfilling my sister's every dream, completing her bucket list, going places with her. My connection was totally cut from the outside world and I knew nothing about River. He did not try to reach me and even if I knew he was in trouble, I did not make an effort. And after some days, the dreadful day arrived, my sister left me, the only person that I had in my life, left me. I had no one by my side, no one, nor I tried to connect with anyone."

They had stopped walking and both of them were sitting at a park's bench.

Tears were freely falling out of Faye's eyes and she was a mess. She was sobbing recklessly, crying out loud.

"Hey Faye, it is okay, you do not have to tell me if you do not want to." Annalise said, wiping her tears with her hands, giving her a small smile.

"It is alright, I need to tell someone about it after all." Faye shook her head, wiping her tears roughly and giving her a trembling smile.

"I am ready to hear out everything when you are ready to spill." Annalise said, wrapping her arm around Faye.

And Faye took her time. She bursted out crying, she sobbed. At that time, she did not care who was looking, she just cried. She showed all the emotions that she had buried deep inside her heart.

"You feeling better?" She heard Annalise asking after some time when she finally calmed down.

"Loads. Where were we once again? Oh yah, so, after the funeral, I locked myself in my room for days until Zach appeared. He broke the door to enter inside. He made me realize that I need to stop crying, that, there were people who were still relying on me, cares for me. That is when River came into my mind. I asked him how he was and he told me everything. How he was ruining his life, wasting it upon drugs and alcohol. The reality hit me hard, I realized how I had just left him, alone to deal with everything. That day, I went to his house, you know, to apologize... but the scenario that met me when I went inside his room broke me..." She gulped as the images ran through her mind.

"What did you see?" Curiosity was visible in Annalise's voice.

"I used to have this friend... who was like, I do not know, she just hated me, I never did anything bad to her but she just loved to make me feel fucked up. Why am I telling you this? Because, that night, when I walked up to his room, I saw her with River, laying on the bed, naked." Stacey's face passed through her mind and she shuddered at the thought.

"It was Stacey Sky, was not she?" Annalise asked her to which she looked at her with wide eyes.

"How did you know?"

"River and you used to talk to me about everything, remember? How she slept with your each and every boyfriend, plus, Zach was talking to mom about it, saying that Stacey Sky returned. Forget about that, what happened after that? "

"I kind of slapped him, I do not know, it just hurt me I guess. He had the liberty to do anything he wanted but I guess, I just did not accept it from him." Faye said, shaking her head.

"Did you both talk after that?"

"We did not. Hell we started talking just a month ago." Faye said, a small smile on her face.

"So, everything is better now?"

"Yah..."

"I am glad. Glad that you both made up." And Annalise wrapped both of her arms around her, hugging her tightly.

"Me too, me too." Faye said, smiling and patting her back.

"Oh and Faye?"

"Yah?"

"I am gonna do every possible thing to mend my relationship with River."

***********************************

Gracías amígos,

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter as much as I did while writing it.

Well, I am here to inform you that I will not be able to update the whole next month.

*ran away and hide behind the curtains*

*sneaking out her head and giving a guilty smile*

My exams are here people and they are gonna end by 1 April.

I am so so sorry folks. I hope you all will understand and forgive me.

Trust me, I need your support. Wish me luck guys cause I need them more than anyone right now.

Please be patient with me.

Until next time.

@tomboy_16

@tomboy_16