26. Ready to let go

He sat fire to the world around him,
But he never let a flame touch her.

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

************************************
"So, I guess, this is it." And Justin pulled her into a warm hug.

"You are finally going, are not you?" Faye let out a sigh as she wrapped her arms around him, patting his back.

"I guess, I am. I will miss this place, you know. My friends, teammates, you, I will miss everything." He said as they pulled away from each other.

"You will be missed too, Justin. Thankfully, Yale is just hours away from here. And, well, you will be able to visit in the weekends and holidays, I guess." She said, trying to cheer him up.

"Yah, I guess that's a good thing." He mumbled under his breath.

"So, did you bid goodbyes to everyone?" She asked.

"Yah, I am done with all the farewells. Just have to meet my mom before finally going away from here." "Hey Faye, I know, this is not the right time to say this but I just wanted to tell you that... that I really really like you and, and I cannot just watch you destroying yourself." He said, his hands going to the either sides of her cheeks.

"What do you mean?"

"Let go of him, Faye. Let go of Kyle, he is not the one for someone so precious like you, hell, even I am not the one for you. You deserve someone who is better, who understands, who will always love you, with all your flaws, who knows every inch of you, look for the guy who is somewhere already there for you. Look for the guy who loves you like there's no end, trust me, he is already there." And after pecking her cheeks, he let go of her, walking away from the school building, walking away from her.
************************************

"Yes mom, I... I am ready, to go." Justin said with a sigh as he hung up.

He was just about to call his father to pick him up when he collided to someone, "Shit, I am so sorry man." The guy whom he had walked into said.

He rubbed his now soar shoulder and looked up to see the person, "Blake." And Justin looked at him with a blank look.

"Walter." River breathed out. "So, I guess, you are on your way?"

"Yah, I am finally going."

"Look... I am sorry, alright. Sorry for everything that I said to you that day." River said, patting his back.

Justin nodded at him before saying, "That's alright, I guess."

"I just, I do not know, I just do not want her to get hurt and now that I think, I am just too protective, and, and an idiot and dumb." River said, shaking his head.

"That's alright buddy." And Justin pulled him into a hug, you know that had all bro handshakes and patting each other's back.

"Well, so I think, I should get going. Farewell Blake." He said.

"You will be missed." River nodded.

Justin was just on his way when he stopped in his track and turned around, just to see River still standing there.

"Hey River." He shouted.

"Yah?"

"Take care of her."
************************************

It has been three days since Justin left, and three days since their exams ended.

"I still cannot believe I got a B." River looked at the paper that he was holding with a frown on his face.