46. A second chance

No one could hear
The long songs sung
In the brush of his lips
On the bottom of her cheeks.

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

************************************

She felt the wind blow on her face, touching her and leaving her a little whipped and dizzy.

Faye took a deep breath, tugging the strands of hair over her ear and watching the clouds pass by.

Unlike the weather, her eyes had tint of sadness, unwillingness. She did not know what she was doing at the school's terrace when she should be having lunch with her friends.

Faye did not know what she was doing in the terrace with Kyle Francis by her side.

"The weather is beautiful today." Kyle tried to start a conversation, making Faye let out a frustrated sigh.

"If you are really here to talk about the weather Kyle, I have better things to do." She groaned and he hung his head low, eyes on the floor.

"Sorry, you know I do not do well under pressure." He chuckled.

And when none of them said anything, he sighed, "Stacey told me everything." His voice was strained.

Faye did not understand. Faye did not understand what Kyle was talking about. Her curious look said it all.

"She told me that you had a crush on me." And suddenly Faye was out of breath. She looked at him with her eyes narrowed and mouth open.

"And she told me that she slept with River, with every guy that you ever dated, that she never really liked me and it was just a way to hurt you. She said that I lost you because of her. That she ruined our friendship. I am sorry Faye, I am so sorry. I am sorry for being so naive." And he fell on both of his knees, his hands on his face.

Faye stood there, frozen.

She wanted to comfort him, pat him on the head, say that it was fine, that its okay to cry but something held her back. Something made her stop in her tracks and just look at him.

"I let it go Kyle." She whispered after minutes, slowly dragging her feet towards him.

He looked at her in confusion before grabbing her hand that she had extended for him to take.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I let go of the feelings that I had for you. Now that I think, they were not even real. It was just something that I had mistaken for love. And I liked you for something you were not Kyle." She gave him a small smile.

"And I do not blame you. You were in love. You were blinded. Its fine, its okay. Of course you would not believe us, I would have done the same thing if I might have been on your place." And silently, she thanked him for things that she got back, for things that she could not place.

"How are you doing?" She asked as she noticed how tired he actually looked. His eyes looked dull, dark circles under them. And his hair? They were a mess.

"Honestly? It hurts, a lot. And I took a break. I could not face her, so, just needed a break." He tried to smile.

"It gets better Kyle, it does. Over time, it really does." She rested her hand on his shoulder and give it a slight press, letting him know that she was there for him, always there for him.

And just as he was about to say something, the door to the terrace burst opened and she found herself looking at a breathless River.

"The bell rang minutes ago." River managed to say.

She chuckled when she looked at him. He was panting, his hands on his knees.

"Kyle?" She called.

"Yah?" He gulped.

"I do not want to change anything that happened. Because of all this, I found myself feeling things that I never knew existed." And Kyle found himself looking at River who stood there, puzzled. He looked back at Faye and gave her a small smile, knowing exactly what she meant.

She finally found her fairytale, a fairytale that she deserved.

"Classes already started. I thought it would be good to inform you both nerds about it." River mumbled, scratching the back of his head.

"Why are you not in class then?" She asked with a smirk.

"A thank you would have been nice, you know." He bluntly replied.

"Yah, yah, whatever. I was just about to go. Kyle, you coming?" And she grabbed Kyle's hand, pulling him with her.

Kyle found himself smiling once again.
************************************

Crappy chapter?

I know, I know.

But let's just say, this was important.

Until next time.

@tomboy_16

@tomboy_16