34. When he smiled

"Her eyes went through River's face as his sister hugged him. The smile that laced his face made her inside swell."

"She did not know what it was. But she had started to feel things she had never felt before. Fireworks, butterflies, sparks did not seem funny anymore."

-The Golden Girl

************************************

"So, you mean, there is going to be a party in here?" Faye asked Brenda.

"Yup. I just got an amazing deal with some fellow clients all over from Australia, they even wanna meet my son, so, I thought it would be better if I throw a party." Brenda said as she handed Faye a warm cup of coffee.

Faye nodded before rubbing her eyes, trying to get rid of the tiredness and lack of sleep. She happily took the cup from Brenda, giving her a grateful smile.

"So, there are definitely gonna be paparazzi." Faye sighed earning a worried look from Brenda.

"Faye, darling, they are not gonna leave me alone. I didn't invite them but who am I kidding, someone obviously will." Brenda scoffed, massaging her forehead.

"Imagine the horror in their eyes when they are gonna see you and River together. You are gonna make it to the front page tomorrow." Faye said, rolling her eyes.

"Something that I am not really proud of. Hopefully, the evening will go fluently, without any interference."

"Of course it will. It is Brenda George's party, a party that everyone looks forward to. I am just angry with the fact that I didn't bring any dress. Ugh."

"Then why don't you go to shopping with Anna and Andrew? Anna would love to get some fashion advice from you." And just as Brenda stopped talking, River and Annalise walked up to the kitchen, yawning.

"Good morning all." River grumbled as he sat beside Faye, leaning against her shoulder.

"Get up grumpy lad, we need to go shopping." Faye said, ruffling his hair, a warm smile accompanying her face.

"Really?" Annalise was wide awake now, her eyes narrowed slightly.

"You do not want us to come?" Faye asked, looking at her with disappointment.

"Nooo, I did not mean that. I would love to use some company. Its just, its been a while since I've been to the mall with someone else. Usually, its just me by myself." Annalise shrugged but when her eyes fell on River, she gasped.

She walked up to him and smacked him in the shoulder, making him jerk up.

"Stop drooling on her shoulder dummy." Annalise glared, smacking his head.

And the three of them looked at her with wide eyes.

Faye was the first one to recover from the shock. She looked at her shoulder, just to see saliva dripping on it. She shook her head and wiped it with some napkins, deciding to take another shower before going to the mall.

But that's the least thing that she cared about at that moment. Internally, she was grinning like a pig, squealing in delight.

Annalise kind of interacted with River. She was more than happy about it.

It was a start after all.

"Why are you both looking at me like that?" Faye heard Annalise ask, irritation laced in her voice.

Both of them, River and Brenda looked away at that, mumbling something to themselves.

"Whatever. I am gonna go wake up Andrew." And grumbling, Annalise walked up from there, followed by Brenda who excused herself to pick up an important call.